1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

93 DD51T propane conversion

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by o8k, Feb 10, 2013.

1. o8k

o8k Member

Spanner, great article and good advice. I took the EGR off and cleaned it out. the Brass brush i have for my .45cal fit perfectly in the holes =] after a good scrubbin, i used a shop vac to pull the dust out of the egr holes in the manifold best i could to avoid any issues with loose material getting sucked into the intake.

I also tested the vacuum of the EGR and mine max'ed out at 5" hg not 10" like that diagram suggested. I have yet to test my Thermal Control

2. o8k

o8k Member

Small update: THe PCV Positive Crankcase Valve was malfunctioning causing a pretty significant vacuum leak. It is corrected now and the idle rpm and lean/rich adustment is very much better now. I have a hunch that my problem is not uncommon. I will have to investigate further at a later time.

3. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

+ 2 internet points, not that we're keeping track, or anything like that; just motivation.

4. SDK1968

SDK1968 Active Member

great reading as im studying up on this conversion & it might just have given me an answer to a different problem!

old thread that still has great info!

5. Victor Getov

Victor Getov Member

Thank you very, very, very much for this diagram and your simple explanation. The hoses on my 1999 Zuki Carry with 4 vacuum pipes on the carb are now in order and everything works perfect - cold start up, hot start up, choke, idling, idle up valve, revs, EGR, restart valve, performance .......

Limestone likes this.