1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

93 Carry 4wd and axle lock

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by 329049Carry, Sep 19, 2020.

1. 329049Carry

329049Carry New Member

I wanted to pass along how my 4wd and axle behave on my 93 carry.
    Just the key on, switching to 4wd H or L, the axle lock light comes on, 4wd indicator is off.
    Start the Carry, 4wd comes on, axle lock is still on. Pressing the axle lock switch at any time will toggle it off and on.
    This is not how I was told it works, but I prefer it this way.
    If you turn axle lock off, the Carry is basically in 2wd mode, axle lock is just locking hubs.
    I don't have a diff'y lock.
    In my trials, the axle lock works great.
    I am seeing why everyone loves these little kei trucks.

2. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Check everything! Sometimes when things aren't used they kinda get a little stale! If you know what I mean! Proper fluid, change it, all electrical connections! A lot of people just jump in and drive! Maintenance, Maintenance, Maintenance! I am constantly reminding my two Sons! If you don't do it yourself, pay someone to do it! If not, PAY,PAY,PAY! A lot more! Go into your, personal info page and set your signature up with your mini like several of us have. It will help us help you! Good Luck with you mini! Keep us informed with your progress, as it will help others!
    Limestone