1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

92 Suzuki Carry

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Yellow mini, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Yellow mini

Yellow mini New Member

Hello.

I am new to the mini truck life and looking to upgrade my wheel size, any recomendations?

It is pretty well stock no lift with a dump. I live on a small island in British Columbia on the top of a mountain and commute daily up and down the hill, going down is easy but the trek up can be a struggle. I would like a bit more speed and a wider tire without a lift.

Cheers

2. Tuskano

Tuskano Member

Hello there!

Do you know if you use 4x110? If so, 1st gen Mazda RX7 wheels are what I use. Only thing is having to bore out the middle more so the truck hub fits into it. Had it when everything was stock. I am sure many other option are there though. If you look through places like dealerships and importers, if they have an accessory section I am sure they have aftermarket wider wheels.

3. Yellow mini

Yellow mini New Member

Interesting, I'll check it out

4. Tuskano

Tuskano Member

Good luck! If anything, 1st and 2nd gen mazda wheels are close. I think there is a thread on here on all wheels found that can fit. I'd have to find that again but it might be under references.

5. DUNCAN IMPORTS

DUNCAN IMPORTS New Member

Your truck has a 4x115 bolt pattern. if you go with a wider tire you will need a 2" lift kit. then you will be able to use a rim size is a 12x7 for off road tires using a 23x8x12 or a 14" wheel for a street tire.

http://www.duncanimports.com

6. Yellow mini

Yellow mini New Member

7. DUNCAN IMPORTS

A wider tire can not fit on the stock rim. The wider tire will need at least a 12x7 rim and the tire that fits on a 12x7 rim will need a lift kit.

8. matt167

matt167 Active Member

165/ 70 R13 will fit without a lift. Just need to find 13" rims to fit, it's about 1" bigger in width and height.. Few options remain but they can still be found in snow tires and all season/ all weather..

Since I know pretty much anywhere in Canada requires DOT rated tires for road use, pretty much any 12" tire wide enough to use a 7" rim would be irrelevant. There are DOT rated ATV tires but the ride would be harsh

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
  9. DUNCAN IMPORTS

I am not sure if they make a 13" rim in 4x115 . They do make a 14" 4x115 but, again you will need a lift kit.

10. matt167

matt167 Active Member

Yes, Geo Metro/ Suzuki Swift wheels will fit.

11. DUNCAN IMPORTS

Factory Geo Metro wheels were 12" tires were 145r12 the optional tire are 165/65-14 or 195/45-15 If you know the 13" tire size please post it!

12. matt167

matt167 Active Member

Umm, No. 145R12 was the original tire size when the Metro/ Swift came out yes, but Metro Convertibles and later Metro's had 13" rims. Convertibles called for a 165/65/13" and the later cars ran a 155/80/13 or a 175/70/13. They never carried a 14" or 15" stock but aftermarket wheel companies and tire companies did support sizes that would fit.

Can find the rims on Ebay or recyclers.. 165/65/13 or 165/70/13 are both sizes still easy to get

13. Yellow mini

Yellow mini New Member

Matt167 or anyone else who knows, how thick of a13" rim with out a 2" lift kit will fit on there. I know those stock 12" tires are pretty skinny

14. Yellow mini

Yellow mini New Member

Also. What are everyone thoughts on conversion wheel adapters. I'm finding it quite hard to find 4x115mm wheels and see conversion adapters to 4x100mm

15. matt167

matt167 Active Member

4x115 is actually 4x114.3mm or 4x 4.5" depending on if your talking metric, or SAE. Geo Metro, RX7, older Honda's and a few others run that bolt spacing. 4x100 is more common nowdays but no reason to run adapters

16. Yellow mini

Yellow mini New Member

Matt167 I was begining to wonder about that I've started seeing 114.3 in a lot of posts, thanks for confirming it.

I have located a set of 13" 4x114.3 wheels but am having a hard time finding 165/70/R13 tires. Mechanics keep telling me to go for a 175/70R13 will that be too wide? Or where online can a guy get 165/70's in Canada

17. matt167

matt167 Active Member