1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

92 suzuki air filter canister

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Doddy, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Doddy

Doddy Member

I am considering removing all the hoses that are attached to the air filter canister. Is this stuff necessary on a carbed engine? I am thinking this stuff is just for emissions. I am also wondering if it would hurt the mpg. why is there so many hoses on the trucks!?

2. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

One word of caution,before you go to re- engineering take lots of pictures so you can put it back to original when all else fails.Also be careful not to create a way for dust to get past the air filter or you will dust the engine.Good luck

3. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Yea, don't do that. It's tuning, via mixture, with density adjustments.
    If you pull the main air flow vacuum line, then you would need to increase air-flow...hi-flow-air filter, for example.
    If you pull or eliminate the bypass-air ducting, then you could also eliminate the density controller.
    On my 93, I only run the driver's side manifold vacuum nipple for the main vacuum gauge reading.
    BUT, I run a custom K&N high-flow air filter, and, no pre-heat.
    Does this read like Japanese?
    Then don't do it.

4. Doddy

Doddy Member

So i have removed all the junk. I am in a testing phase for sure. I used some pvc fittings to do this, basically the first thing i did was remove everything and plugged ghe vacuum. It seemed to work greT for low rpm however killed top end, i changed the setup and it ran worse. So i unplugged the vacuum and it wouldn't keep an idle, but keeping it revved it ran well. So i am going to run the vacuum line back into my intake. I am using a spectre filter and and spectre cleaner on the vent on the valve cover. I will upload some pics soon.

5. milmor88

milmor88 Member

Any word on results?