1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

92 dd51t

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Zac, Nov 21, 2017.

1. Zac

Zac New Member

I have a 92 Suzuki carry that is having some issues, this summer it would get hot on 20-25 mile ride temp gauge would go up I would pull over let it idle and cool back down. I blead the air out of the system and that seemed to help. Now that it’s winter it has no power when I hit 4th gear and is not warming up on the temp garage it’s staying cold. It also has high idle now. Ordered new thermostat but don’t think that’s the problem any help would be appreciated. Also there is a black coming out of ehauast when first started

2. Cole

Cole Member

That really does sound like thermostat sticking. The first thing to do here is read. Your problem is probably already covered somewhere. I read threads for months to fix some of my issues.

3. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

The black exhaust is probably because the choke is not opening. These trucks cooling system also controls the choke via 2 water lines that run through the carb. and open and close the choke.If your thermostat is not working properly it will really screw things up but a more common problem is an air lock in the system so if you replace the stat be extra careful bleeding the system.