1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"92" Carry fuel pump

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Buckwheat, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Buckwheat

Buckwheat New Member

I have a 92 carry that sat in garage for over a year, when I went out to use it all it would do was start and die, start and die, I checked all the grounds, bat to frame and chassis to engine under the jump seat, no dice, replaced fuel pump relay behind speedometer head, seemed to be the answer however truck would not idle after warming up, it would die if I didn't keep rpms up, finally yesterday it started doing the same thing start and die, I can't hear the pump working when key is turned on, pump was replaced two years ago should still be good, could fuel filter have any effect on this or is it a relay or electrical problem? I did not have a rodent issue in the garage, it is rodent free, secure building, I'm at wits end any help appreciated.

2. runningbird

runningbird New Member

I would first try and check to see if you do have power to the pump. you can disconnect the plug close to the pump and check there.

3. Buckwheat

Buckwheat New Member

I got he truck started yesterday and it fired right off=ran up on fast idle then idled down upon warm=up, I'm wondering if the relay under the jump=seat is failing after it warms up; anyone got any ideas????