1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'91 Sambar in NorCal

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by TahoeSambar, Apr 21, 2020.

1. TahoeSambar

TahoeSambar New Member

Hey MTT! My name is Dave and tomorrow I will be the proud owner of a 1991 Subaru Sambar! I live in Meyers California close to Lake Tahoe. One of the resorts up here has a Carry for moving deliveries around and I always thought it was the coolest little truck: stick shift, flat bed, right hand drive; sign me up! I found a Sambar listed on Craigslist in Reno and the seller is trailering it to me tomorrow morning. I have big plans for this little rig, I'm looking forward to sharing the build with y'all as well as learning a ton from this community.

Attached Files:

Adam C Spry likes this.
  2. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Welcome, Tahoe!

TahoeSambar likes this.
  3. Botl01

Botl01 Active Member

Welcome to the forum.

TahoeSambar likes this.
  4. AZmini-t

AZmini-t Member

Dave, welcome to the forum! There are a few still active here but much of the older constant is still really valuable. Great luck with your mini!

TahoeSambar likes this.
  5. codysprague

codysprague New Member

Did you get the truck registered in California? I'm trying to figure out if it's worth the trouble.

TahoeSambar likes this.
  6. TahoeSambar

TahoeSambar New Member

Sorry for the delay, Cody! I've been wrenching on my Sambar for a little too long now! DON'T try registering in CA! I didn't lose any money in the process, but I kept pushing the envelope until I hit a wall. The wall I hit was CA CARB compliance. It may be possible to get these trucks in compliance, but you'll pay dearly for it. I'm very close to the state border, so I had it registered in NV. The NV registration was extremely easy!