1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"90 Hijet electric pump, what to do w/ old return line?

Discussion in 'Mini Lounge' started by blwn99svt, Dec 1, 2012.

1. blwn99svt

blwn99svt New Member

Pump im installing is a 2.5-4 psi pump. I temporarily wired it up and put it inline after the fuel filter then modified a spare fuel supply line that goes to the carb and completely bypassed the mechanical pump. Works great. Will this set-up work fine without a return fuel line?

2. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

Keep a close eye on your dip stick.If it starts making oil and smelling like gas you have trouble coming and need the return.

3. blwn99svt

blwn99svt New Member

Thanks for the heads up. I'm wondering how I would even be able to rig up a return with the electric pump?? hmm

4. spaner

spaner Well-Known Member

Pretty easy to do man.
    Use some "T"s and run the line from the in-port to the sucking-side of the pump,
    Pump will now circ the fuel, almost gravity feed from the point of the front connection.
    Want positive flow?
    Use a smaller line for the return,
    3/8 to 1/4
    or 1/4 to 1/8
    when not being used by the system, fuel pressure will be higher now in the smaller return in order for the flow rate to be equal on both sides of the system.
    Don't forget the filter, use the same on both sides to eliminate the difference in flow.;)