1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

80W90 Marine GL4 instead of 75W90 GL4?

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by matt167, Aug 20, 2017.

1. matt167

matt167 Active Member

I want to change the transmission lube in my '92 5spd Carry just so I know it's good. I ordered from Summit Racing, a gallon of 75W90 MT-90 Redline which is GL4 rated. It has yet to get here and it's been 10 days " Ready To ship "

No Auto parts store here can get GL4 except marine gear lube, one can order in 80W90 GL4 Pennzoil at near $30/ quart
    Totoya and Nissan both sell Gl4 rated lubes since some of their transmissions have been required to use GL4.
    $ 20-25 per quart. Nissan is 75W85 not sure what Toyota is.

Local Walmart has Quicksilver ( OEM Mercury Marine ) 80W90 GL4 listed for 75hp or less outboards at a little under $9/ qt. It's non synthetic. The High Performance synthetic stuff is GL5 since they don't use yellow metal shift dogs above 75hp

Can I use the Marine gear lube?

2. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

I did the Red line!

3. matt167

matt167 Active Member

Redline is on it's way. I was cheap and price matched a low rated Amazon company for $56. The sales person had put a number in wrong and credit card never authorized

4. KCCats

KCCats Active Member

Hope you get it?

5. matt167

matt167 Active Member

Yeah it's coming.. I kind of expected better service from Summit Racing, but I have not done business with them in about 10 years. Would have been nice to get an Email saying there was a problem with payment. Instead I had to call