1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

50 cal. AMMO CAN SALE!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by miniMOG, Oct 9, 2008.

1. miniMOG

miniMOG Member

What a great idea to have a "misc" section!!! Thanks, Kevin!

I have a load of ammo cans for sale. I thought the minitruck crowd might like 'em!

50 cal. ammo cans- they measure 11.5" x 6" x 7" and weigh 5.5lbs.

$10 each
    $35 for 4 cans
    $50 for 6 cans
    $100 for 13 cans

plus shipping--- I can take paypal to liberty@sisp.net

Thanks!
    Mark.
    760 248 6214
    760 964 5123 cell

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

nothing better than the sound of the old M2 .50 cal firing real slow and pounding out a rhythym to the fight!!

3. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

Would make for a pretty MANLY lunchbox! :D

Hmm...might make a nice "glovebox" for my tractor come to think of it.

4. miniMOG

miniMOG Member

I am constanly surprised on the ideas people come up with for use of these!

:D

5. Mighty Milt

when my tortoises were small i had one in their habitat for a house... but that was a 7.62mm ammo can :D how's that for ingenuity?

6. miniMOG

miniMOG Member

I'll add that to the list of "surprising uses"! LOL

7. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

Milt, Are these ammo cans justed used once in the field by the units then sent back empty to be sold off as surplus? Just curious.

8. Mighty Milt

yep that's pretty much how they do it. i was running an air gunnery range one year. i was the crew chief and was the air support for all the door gunners that needed to qualify on the M60. after the night portion the ammo guys called me on the radio and told me to "burn off all loose rounds". seems they don't like counting rounds or cans... just cases. i had about 20 minutes of flight time left on the range and a fresh set of batteries in my NVG's. i hooked belt after belt together and started burning through them. i was holding the mic open on the FM freq, the pilots and i were yelling "GET SOME!" the whole time with the machine gun running in the back ground constantly. when i got back to base all the guys were cheering at my 10 minute tirade. i ran that gun until the barrel was glowing when looking at it through the night vision goggles... good times my friend, good times... i brought back lots of cans that night and not one loose round :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2008
  9. Acerguy

Acerguy Moderator Staff Member

LOL. Your tax dollars at work! :D :D

10. Ravk

Ravk Member

I have used these boxes as tool boxes inside the engine compartment of my '71 Chevy P/U
    and as an emergency winter kit in my wife's car (painted reflective red and orange).
    My father used one as a radio case for his 2 meter rig in a dune buggie.
    Right now I have one holding all my ratchet straps bolted to the frame on my Acty.
    All these uses has proven that these cases are waterproof and durable... used, abused and reused.

11. miniMOG

miniMOG Member

Hey guys- I just wanted to add- dont be afraid of the shipping costs- it has been surprisingly reasonable. Give me your ZIP and how many cans you want and I'll quote you a total price.

Thanks!!!

12. boosted mitsu

boosted mitsu Member

how much for 2 shipped to 92807?

13. miniMOG

miniMOG Member

Boosted- 2 cans $20 plus $10.56 shipping for a total of $30.56

for comparision- 4 cans shipped to 92807 total would be $47.53

Let me know- Thanks!!!

14. Subaru

Subaru Member

Hey moggy----will you ship to Canada????
    Could use some more mags for my handgun too:)

Thanks

15. miniMOG

miniMOG Member

Sub- I havent shipped any to Can yet, but I dont see why not. pm me your address and tell me how many and I'll get a price for you.

Sorry- I dont have any mags.

Thanks!

16. Stuff99

Stuff99 Moderator Staff Member

i got one of those riding around in my van.. never thought of using is as a manly lunchbox before.... wonder if it would keep stuff cold with a freezer pack ..

17. dmerc

dmerc Member

I had a smaller one for years. I ended up using it as a coffin for our li'l Yorkie
    when she had to be put down. I always knew that thing would come in handy!!:D

18. miniMOG

miniMOG Member

Sorry about your dog-:(

But what a great way to get buried! Thats how I want to be buried- in SEVERAL 50 cal cans!:D

Get 'em while you can- I only have about 1000 left!!!:eek:

Ask me for a shipping quote- prices have been good.

Thanks for looking!