1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

3GA81 Mitsubishi No Spark

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by jay17, Jan 20, 2015.

1. jay17

jay17 New Member

Checked timing belt & distributor is spinning. Replaced coil. Still no fire. Checked the pickup inside the distributor with ohmmeter and is pulsing like it should be. Next thing to check I'm thinking is the ignitor box but GR Imports say the ignitor box is no longer available. They say that a new distributor will do away with the box & take the speed limitor off but I will have to hardwire the fuel pump & carb solenoid. Anyone have any ideas on what I should do next?

2. jay17

jay17 New Member

Got her running today used 1985 chevy 350 ignitor and flipped pick up sensor in distributor 180 degree s found fuel control module jump ed that now got to fine tune the timing with timing light might have to make a braket so I can adjust it more will nor know until I put timing light. Anyone know what the timing should be set to. 8 degrees?

3. Crespo

Crespo New Member

Can you send me a picture of how you did it please

4. Crespo

Crespo New Member

Do u have part number ???????

5. Arkansas mini truck

Arkansas mini truck New Member

Did any one get part numbers or pictures for this?

6. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Go to 'gofastforless' there is some info there about using the GM unit. The reason for the 180 timing change may because of the spark occuring on the oposite side of the rise&fall of the signal. Read through the ignition parts of the gofastforless site fore some understanding of this.

Fred