3G83 Head Help!

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by TheAMCTech, Apr 25, 2020.

1. TheAMCTech

TheAMCTech New Member

Alright, i have been having a devil of a time tracking down a used/rebuilt/ or new cylinder head for my 92 minicab(if its important, I *think* its a V-U42T). i have scoured the internet and the only option i have found is a place directly out of japan, which is quite expensive and will also take a decent amount of time for it to show up.

Now, my question is as follows. I am not super familiar with these engines. but i feel that there would be options other than a 3g83 specific head that will fit the 3g83. I am fairly sure the block is more or less the same compared to the similar sized turbo model of this engine and i would assume they would fit. but thats why i'm here. hoping to see if anyone around here has experimented with different heads on the 3g83 or not? Or if you have any other thoughts? I'd be open to replacing the whole engine but thats a bit more money still. I would also bee keen to know if there are any common engine swaps to these trucks?

ill continue to lurk on here and reading up on some posts, but cheers for anyone willing to drop some knowledge on me!

2. chris allen

chris allen Member

i have a 3g83 engine text 310-283-5316

Limestone likes this.