1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

300 # Afco coils installed

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Tony Evers, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

Today I finished installing new 10"- 2 5/8 inside diameter 300# coils onto my Suzuki. The coils themselves gave me a 2 inch lift in front. I added 6"---- 4 3/4" to center holes, shackles to the rear leaf springs to even the truck out. to attach shackles, I used #8 hard steel bolts 4.5 " long. the bottom bolt was 5/8 thick the top was 1/2 thick.---- 3/8 thick 2" wide, flat steel shackles. Over all I am very satisfied with result. Doing alignment was easy and still had play in the tie rods. I went with the 300# because I usually carry 55 gallon spray tank around the ranch two collies and me. Total payload= 1100 Lb. Even with tank empty the truck rides real nice.
    I should ad that I bought my coils at speedway for $70 a pair. Steel I had laying around but would cost less than $10. so total cost would be less than a $100. and from what I've seen from other trucks with their expensive lifts. This is the way to go
    Tony ---1996 DD51T

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
    greg0187 likes this.
  2. ApoX

ApoX New Member

Can you upload a few pics of the stance? Just want to see how she sits

3. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

they are already up in front bumper fabrication suzuki forum. page 7