1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

25 inch tires with 3 inch lift

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by daveintheburbs, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Hello all,

I have beeen running 24" titan tires with a 3" lift with no problems or rubbing. It has been a great combination, but I would like to go a little bigger. Is any one running 25"s and did you have to cut the wheel wells to get them to work?
    Thanks

2. dwink

dwink Member

What year? Stock wheels? or Aftermarket? I run 25's on a 99 Mitzi with a 4" lift with no rub. I would believe you might rub once in a while with 25's.

3. 1995, probably go stock rims and 25" titans. Trying to stay with a 3" lift.

4. Texas Mini Trucks

Texas Mini Trucks New Member

Tires Rubbing

You will likely have some minor trimming on the wheel wells, but nothing major. I use these all the time and have had no problems.

5. what do u guys use to trim the wheel wells and still have them look nice?

6. Texas Mini Trucks

Texas Mini Trucks New Member

Lifts

Just a air cut off tool, but you can use a recipricating saw.

7. dwink

dwink Member

Also anyone lifting a mitsi probably has to change shocks. We have found that Monroe 2000's fit right on the minis without any mods. They have inserts and go exactly where the old ones mount with no cutting or welding. I have seen people selling them on ebay and other sites for double what they cost at the auto parts!!!!!

8. JRinTX

JRinTX Moderator

Do you have a part number for the Monroes? Or a typical US vehicle application that works for the mini? Also do you have dimensions so we can compare to other brand mini trucks?

Thanks, good info!

9. That's great info, what 's the part #?

10. We have had good luck with a NAPA response #94009, might even be made by Monore.

11. volkswagen50

volkswagen50 Member

That NAPA number coresponds to a FORD E-100 1973 and earlier. Monroe does make one as well for that application. It's the front shock on those trucks. I hope it works with the lifted mini Mitsu! I need them too.

12. 4Wheelin

4Wheelin Member

I have 25" ITP Bighorns with a 3" lift. I also use the NAPA 94009's. I only had to do a litlle trimming down on the lower front corner of the doors.

[​IMG]