1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

23x10.5x12 on rear of '90 Sambar?

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by H34Choctaw, Mar 9, 2021.

1. H34Choctaw

H34Choctaw New Member

hello, I have a 1990 Sambar with dump bed and 4WD. I want to increase the foot print of the rear wheels without putting a lift kit to increase the Sambar's traction on my property which is pretty much all a 45 degree slope with rock and leaves everywhere. I have 6-12R1 tractor tires on it right now but want to put either 23x8.5x12 or 23x10.5 Deestone D405 tractor tires on the rear. They should match the 23" diameter of the front tires no problem, but I'm wondering if I could get the 8.5's on the factory 5" wide rims or should I get a set of lifted golf cart wheels that are 12"x7"? Anybody else to this? The Sambar climbs like a billie goat but I need a little more traction in the rear. Thanks

2. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

I tried putting carlisle all trail 23x8's on my factory rims, and they didn't like to seal properly. So I got some rims from G&R and they work great. But I have a 2" lift. I think if you get 10.5's you will need a different offset rim to keep from rubbing. I'd talk to someone that sells minitruck rims and tires and they can point you in the right direction.