1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2021 hijet windshield wires?

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by mxrcr4, Aug 25, 2022.

1. mxrcr4

mxrcr4 New Member

Hello,

We have a 2021 hijet s510p jumbo cab.

I am trying to get the windows tinted including the windshield.

The windshield has 4 small wires attached to it, kind of like small version of a defrost wire on a back window.

I can not find what these are, and we can’t figure out what they do.

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. shogun

shogun Active Member

My 2021 Hijet does not have such wires, there on my Hijet the Smart Assist III camera is installed ex factory.
    Smart Assist IIIt = Crash Avoidance System.
    Looks like an aftermarket radio antenna for FM/AM on your car, as installed on the Toyota Auris Hybrid of my wife. Does your car have a normal telescope radio antenna on the A-pillar, which my Hijet has ex factory?

3. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Once owned a 1978 Toyota pickup that had a aftermarket radio antenna kind of like that.

Fred

4. mxrcr4

mxrcr4 New Member

Yes it has the retractable a telescoping antenna as well. It has a Japanese Panasonic stereo that has all kinds of sensors and things installed all over the dash area. None of that works in USA so probably going to remove and install A USA pioneer in it. Not sure if these are part of that stereo or not? The tint does not stick to these wires and looks horrible. So going to have to figure it out and redo it.

Only thing we could think of as far as sensors or anything that isn’t accounted for is the key remote lock and unlock.

Think that is what it is? If not and it is part of the aftermarket stereo then we will just rip em out and move on.

Thanks!!