1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2009 DA63T Injector problem

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by 51 chevy, Jun 14, 2021.

1. 51 chevy

51 chevy New Member

I am the go to fix it guy for the family DA63T with a K6A injected engine. When it had no power under load, I checked the air intake system and found a rat nest in the box. Both boxes were removed, cleaned and replaced with a hardware cloth rodent blocker inside frame hose. I cleaned away the nest that was around the engine, and noticed one injector wire chewed in half, insulation and wire missing so naturally no start. My question is can a single cap with wires be obtained and soldered into harness? Is there such a thing as a harness just for the injectors or is that harness a part of the ENTIRE harness? Does anyone know the brand of the injectors so I can search for a cap? We have a pdf of the maintenance manual but I found no details on these. I also wonder if there is a special tool to remove the plastic cap or a simple work around for any special tool. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Going thru the parts diagrams, I don't see where the connectors are separate. Also looks like maybe the wiring harness may be discontinued. Might be best to see if you can find the end in a junkyard and do some splicing.

Fred

3. 51 chevy

51 chevy New Member

Thanks Fred, I thought a single plastic cap with pigtail wires would be ideal, just solder to harness. Do you happen to know what brand injector the 2009 k6a engine uses? If its common I may be able to find just a cap. There are several styles of cap all with hard to reach release clips, so knowing more about who made it would help, have not found release clip yet

4. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

I have no info on the injectors other than they show up in the parts diagrams with the part # 15710-65H00-000 on Megazip website and part # 4140986 on the Jacobsen website. Don't know if you might be able to find out from those numbers. Might be Jegs or one of those type websites might have some enlightenment.

Fred

5. Ronin

Ronin Active Member Supporting Member

See my post in your other thread... I can get injectors, and probably the harness too.