1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2005 Da63t winch bumper ideas/ snow plow

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by matthew felt, May 30, 2023.

1. matthew felt

matthew felt New Member

I have scoured the web looking for images or ideas for a winch bumper for my Suzuki carry, i have found very little info on building one, proper mounting options. I plan to put a 72 snow plow on it as well.

Im looking for suggestions, images and personal experiences from our fellow readers. Should i mount a entire new bumper system and remove the plastics or leave the factory one and mount over?

I also have issues with my 2'' lift kit i installed. I put it in, did the trimming of the strut, camber adjustment bolts, and still they lean out. One side seems more out than the other. i have yet to move the A-arm mount bolt out slightly. My kit is from Mini 4x4 out of quebec.

All responses would be greatly appreciated

2. 4x4prepper

4x4prepper New Member

> I plan to put a 72 snow plow on it as well.

It is a small uni-body vehicle weighing under 2,000#. I would look at a snow thrower instead of a snow plow. Even at that, it might be too heavy for the front. If you are dead set on a plow, make it a ATV 48" plow and plastic. One for weight savings and so it you hit something, it destroys the plow edge and not the truck. Maybe riding on mushrooms and a folding back edge. Snow removal used to be part of my job description as a mechanic and I have plowed with all sorts of vehicles. I tend to think of it starting with a full ladder frame and something that weighs at least 3500#.

> proper mounting options.

Whatever K truck I buy, I am going to make the bumper so it slides backwards on impact on slotted mounting points and maybe use balsa wood or something such as that as the compression material. That way I do not tweak the frame.

3. matthew felt

matthew felt New Member

well so far i got my blade mounted, ordered a winch and i plan on making a mount to the front frame after reinforcing it

Attached Files:

4x4prepper likes this.
  4. 4x4prepper

4x4prepper New Member

Thank you for the pictures. Slightly off topic, BUT, I thought you had locking hubs inside those nice looking rims, then I expanded the photo inside a paint program and see they are inserts that say "mini truck" , maybe "mini truck talk"? Anyway, I thought it was neat and the rims looked nice.

The state of Georgia decided to actively revoke all mini-truck KEI car or truck titles and registrations. So, it looks like if I want to buy and drive one on road, I have to register it in another state or move. There is a Honda ATCY AWD near to me that I am thinking about buying. Not exactly what I wanted, but, I think I might buy that instead of a Ford Ranger (1st generation) if I can register it out of state since I want a small pickup truck that I can use on my small property AND drive on road if needed.

I already have enough steel for new winch bumpers front and back that I recently bought at auction, now, I just need the truck.

5. matthew felt

matthew felt New Member

well i got my winch mounted up, everything went well, im not gonna say im a great welder but it was the first time i picked it up the mig 4 years, i had to cut my bumper more than i liked because i didnt leave enough space between the front cross brace and my mounting material. I had to cut off the bumper securements on the plastic but it still went on good and is tight in place.
    The winch didnt come with enough wire to complete it for trial, but ill soon have that done.

Attached Files:

4x4prepper likes this.
  6. Don O

Don O New Member Supporting Member

I don’t plan on doing any heavy duty plowing or winching. I just went with a 2 inch receiver and swap the 2 out when needed.

IMG_0268.jpeg IMG_0269.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 10, 2023
    4x4prepper likes this.
  7. 4x4prepper

4x4prepper New Member

Looks like a nice setup, very nice color on the truck too. Looks like copper?

8. Don O

Don O New Member Supporting Member

Thanks, and it is much more an Orange color, as I’m an Orange car fan.

4x4prepper likes this.