1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2002 Daihatsu Hijet Deck Van No Bottom End power

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by randiduncan08, Dec 17, 2022.

1. randiduncan08

randiduncan08 New Member

2002 Daihatsu Hijet Deck Van 4x4 5 speed.
    Barely any power at low RPM, will die if not revved up. I mean like loading it on a trailer it won't load without a rolling start, or revving high then releasing clutch. Also, when driving straight on flat ground takes awhile to get into 3rd gear runs fine, once I shift up it slowly loses RPM in fourth until I absolutely have to shift back down. I use it fine around the house and at the deer lease but it is a tough run through mud when you stop and try to go again. EF-VE ENGINE GOOD COMPRESSION FRESH TOP END REBUILD ALL NEW BELT HOSES TIMING TENSIONER.

2. bobjonah

bobjonah Active Member

My first suspicion is that you are a tooth or two off on the cam timing. Having said that, I am thinking the same thing on my S-82P with EF-CS engine, but I have checked and double checked it and can find nothing wrong. There seems to be a lot of different timing diagrams floating around, so hard to tell which is the correct one. Good luck, and please post your results, if you figure it out.

Cheers