1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2002 Carry Throwout Bearing

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Rickster, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Rickster

Rickster Member

I have a 2002 DA62T Carry 5-sp that needs a throwout bearing. I just received my new english version parts catalogue for the 1999-2004 DA52 and DB52 vans and trucks. Would the throwout bearing be the same for my DA62T with a K6A engine? I have been down for some time waiting on one from Japan.

2. Rickster

Rickster Member

Everyone's Suzuki throwout bearing listed!

I answered my own post! I thought I had exhausted every internet resource to find the correct bearing I needed. I then used the OEM part number for the throwout from the english converted manual for a DB52T and found the following site:

http://www.bergab.ru/catalogueshtml/pdf/clutch08.pdf

Suprise! Go to the page for Carry/Every and you will see the throwout bearing original part number (as well as cross for NTN) for each model from the 550CC 1985 model through the 2009 model Carrys. This shows the same clutch release as the DB52T. Problem solved and the bearing is on order from G&R as we speak!

3. Danimal

Danimal New Member

Just out of curiosity, what symptoms did the truck/trans present that led you to diagnose needing a throwout bearing?

4. Rickster

Rickster Member

Squealling/squalling when I depressed the clutch, noise stopped when clutch released. Gets worse the colder it is outside. Started intermittently and now does it continuously (when clutch is depressed) so I quit driving it. That is the only bearing that I can think of that spins when the clutch is depressed and does not spin when the clutch is engaged. Clutch is adjusted properly so that is not the prob. The other thing is the 99,000 km on it. Even if it is the second throwout bearing, it is time.

5. Mighty Milt

Mighty Milt Active Member

yeppers, sounds like the T/O bearing to me :D

6. Tom Notch

Tom Notch New Member

I got a replacement throw out bearing from TurfWerks (1-800-736-3525). The part was for a Jacobson Truckster golf course maintenance vehicle that uses the Suzuki engine and transmission. It was part number 2702549 and cost $41.66 plus sales tax and took less than a week to get. My old one was not in bad shape and you can have it for free if you wish, assuming I can find it. Tom

7. Rickster

Rickster Member

The new throwout bearing is installed. Took my dad and I 6 1/2 hours Saturday. I could do it the second time in 6 hours flat! Just kidding, we could probably do it in a couple of hours since all of the bolts are now clean and have anti-seize on them. We also spent a lot of time getting the linkage and electrical connectors off. They were hard to get to and we needed a dental mirror to see their little keeper pins. The dental picks were a big help with these things as well.

Took some time to figure out the retainer clip on the bearing because it was so gunked up we couldn't see how it was prior to removing it. Trial and error showed that part of the clip goes behind the bearing and part goes in front. We never drained the tranny, just disconnected the driveshaft flanges and hung the rear driveshaft with wire to keep it in the tranny. If not, it would fall out easily and loose your fluid.

Engine idles a little rough following this job, but I think it is because I had the battery disconnected for so long it lost it's programming. If it doesn't clear up in the next few days I will have to see if I knocked something loose while I was contorting my body around the engine.

Next time it will go faster, and there will be a next time because I didn't have a clutch to put in it at the time. No clutch probs yet, but only a matter of miles (or in this case, Kilometers).

I wish I had some Japanese ralatives who could help me next time. This is one time where small arms/hands would be great!