1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2000 Suzuki carry transmission noise

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by Shawnrupe, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Shawnrupe

Shawnrupe New Member

Recently purchased a 2000 Suzuki carry DB52T with 27,000 kilometers. Have put roughly 100 miles on it. Transmission sounds like a bearing going out. No noise when clutch pedal is depressed. Intermittent squealing when running and just started to get hard to shift any ideas?

2. A. Gillingham

A. Gillingham Member

The first thing I’d do is check the oil in the transmission, I’m assuming it’s a manual transmission? The oil can tell you a lot by checking for debris and colour etc, or if indeed there is oil.

3. Shawnrupe

Shawnrupe New Member

I did check the oil and found out there wasn’t any...... the place I bought it from g and r imports in Missouri treated me very well sent a new transmission along with a new clutch kit to install

A. Gillingham likes this.
  4. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Shawnrupe,
    Please go to your Profile, and put into your Signature what you've got. It'll help us to understand what you have in order for us to help you, when needed! Thanks!
    Limestone

A. Gillingham likes this.
  5. A. Gillingham

A. Gillingham Member

I wasn’t expecting no oil at all Shawnrupe, unreal basic care really, especially if there was a seal leaking and not checking it. Well, looks as if you’re looked after and that’s a positive development.

6. Shawnrupe

Shawnrupe New Member

Yes I asked the dealer when I bought it if everything had been gone through they told me yes but I think they serviced it and just forgot to fill the transmission

7. Limestone

That's great that they sent you a new trans., what about your Labor, and aggravation?
    Limestone

8. Shawnrupe

Shawnrupe New Member

Well that was just for the experience I guess.....lol

9. A. Gillingham

A. Gillingham Member

Man, there are days I wonder about things!

10. Shawnrupe

Shawnrupe New Member

I know what you mean.

11. Limestone

If it were me, I think that I would try to get them to, help me out with other parts, that they might have, that you might need, to kinda help cover your losses! Just my thoughts! It is a credit to them, that they sent you the Trans.!!!:)
    Limestone

12. Shawnrupe

Shawnrupe New Member

It might not hurt to try and get all I can. They did send a new clutch kit and oil with it. Wasn’t to bad of a job to swap the trans

Limestone likes this.
  13. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

I would consider the value of the clutch kit & oil as wages to pull & stab the new trans a fair trade. Look at it as good will on both sides. Evidently they felt they needed to compensate some for their failing or they wouldn't have sent the extra, no need to pester them for more. In my thoughts, they have gained in their reputation by their action to try to be fair.

Fred

Limestone likes this.
  14. Shawnrupe

Shawnrupe New Member

Yes it seemed pretty fair to me.

Limestone likes this.
  15. A. Gillingham

A. Gillingham Member

The missed oil check was no doubt a stupid mistake whereby someone didn’t do proper checks and the person responsible wouldn’t darken my business entrance again, but that said, I’m thinking the actions of the seller were very appropriate.

Limestone likes this.