1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2" suspension lift install/fab

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by banzairx7, Jan 24, 2020.

1. banzairx7

banzairx7 Active Member

Been having an issue with some vibration in the front end. I couldn't find anything obviously loose. In the process of yanking on front end parts I did find the factory tie rods were extremely flexible. Just grabbing them with ny fingers I can flex them out of line by almost a 1/2". This was the only source of any unwanted movement I could find. Over the weekend I reworked them to make the assembly much stiffer. I basically chopped the ends off the factory tie rods and welded them into to some 1" OD x 1/4" wall tubing. No way these things are moving. No verdict yet on if it helped or not. I still need to paint them and get em back on the truck.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Limestone likes this.
  2. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Should work. We used to do it to rally cars back in the 70s.

Ohkei Dohkei and Limestone like this.
  3. banzairx7

banzairx7 Active Member

Had my tires road force balanced yesterday and that solved 90% of the vibration. The regular balancer didn't catch some out of round/balance issue on one tire. Put a ton more weight on one of them. Took the truck for a test spin last night and vibration is 90% gone. I don't think the tie rods helped any with that. They did improve the steering feel and rut following quite a bit. The truck just turns better and more precisely.

Limestone likes this.