1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.75 lift, new tires, now vibration

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by rnr, May 10, 2017.

1. rnr

rnr New Member

Need some advice and help and pictures on how to fix. Just a new owner of a Mitsubishi 1998 mini. I put a lift on and some aggressive DOT tires 25x8x12. Now starting off to drive sound like grinding and vibrating like crazy. It never did this before I read a couple of posts but I need a little bit more information. This mini truck talk group is awesome. Any help would be great.
    I am from Mb, Canada

2. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Possibly with adding the lift, you may have exceeded the design operating angle of the CV Joints.

Fred

3. rnr

rnr New Member

I guess I will try to put on original tires to rule out the vibration from the aggressive tire.If it still makes the noise then I guess that will solve to high of a lift?
    Thanks for the advice

fmartin_gila likes this.
  4. Henry C Gonzalez

Henry C Gonzalez New Member

If you used very aggressive ATV tires, you probably getting the noise and vibrations from the tires. I have aggressive treads on mine and it is quite noisy and does vibrate; but it does great in the snow & mud. I can live with the noise.