1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1999 suzuki carry w/ac alternator belt

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by DutchWillis, Dec 14, 2016.

1. DutchWillis

DutchWillis New Member

Hey I have a 99 carry and I am needing an alternator belt. Truck has ac but no power steering. Is there a belt from Napa or something I can use? Hate paying the for the over priced stuff from all the mini truck parts guys. Plus I need it asap.

Thanks for any help guys

2. Hey pal, did you ever figure out if there is a napa or auto parts store belt you can use. I need one for the same truck, mines a 99 n/a ac

3. Limestone

Limestone Well-Known Member

Hey guy's, I don't have a part #, but I measured my belts, alternator and hyd. pump, belts, and came up with, 3/8 v belt, for both, one 29 inches long and the other 31 inches long. I googled belts and came up with 2 green kevlar belt,(have had great luck with in the past), for $20 bucks, free shipping to my door! Remember, the old belts will be stretched a bit, so take that into consideration! I went back in my notes, and here's where you can get them! Go on Ebay, and put this # in! #132998552159, It will say, 3/8 Kevlar belt, any size that you want, made to length! $9.00-$15.00! Free Shipping! Hope this helps! It worked great for me! Kevlar belts last a long time!
    Limestone

Shelburne Troy likes this.
  4. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

If you have your old belt most parts houses have device to measure the belt length, and can match it up.

If you don’t have the old one: V-belts come in standard profiles, typically 3/8(10mm), 1/2(12mm), and various lengths, normally measured in inches by total length, but also mm. Which profile is pretty easy, just measure the top width of the groove in the pulley and go up a size. To get a good estimate of teh length, measure the diameter of the each pulley, divide it by two, and multiply that by Pi, to get half the circumference. Then measure the distance between the centers of the pulleys by two, and add the half of each pulley circumference. this should give you the total length.

Shelburne Troy likes this.
  5. Thanks a lot guy, that's great:) my belt is still on my truck(hasn't broke) but I'm having to tighten it up every other week so I'm getting ready to go out, take it off and see if they have anything to match it next door in Canadian tire, that's the only thing opened on Sunday. I'll let ya know if I come up with anything. Thanks again, huge help

6. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

If you find the right belt, belt please post the profile, length, and part number. Others will need it in the future.

7. Ok perfect fit! For a 99 Carry n/a ac I got a Gates xl 7300 v belt it a 3/8" × 30-5/8" belt. I got it at a local parts store in Burnside, Dartmouth NS "Diesel And Electric Limited" fits perfectly and if anything comes up, I'll post but I believe after 3 tries, this is it. Hope this helps some ya:)

8. Its a perfect fit, wet tested and all is good. It hasn't even seated in any farther then when I first put it on so it excellent, not to say it won't seat in a bit and need a readjustment but there's plenty of room for an adjustment. Cheers;)

9. Limestone

Troy, I was taught that the belt needs to seat properly, down in the "V"! Even if it's a flat "V"! Otherwise, your putting undue stress on the both sides of the belt! Thus shortening the life of the belt! Yeah it's turning the pulley now, and it will probably work for some time, but, why shorten the life of the belt if you don't have to? Just passing on what I was taught!
    Limestone!

10. I get that for sure my friend. I just got off work and when I pulled in the driveway I checked the belt and it's seated a tiny bit. Not enough to make it slip yet but I tightened it a hair just in case it seats more but the belt fits perfectly, it's flush with the top of the pully. The v fits as if it were made for this truck 100percent but thanks for passing your knowledge down, I love learning from others. Very valued, thanks

11. Limestone

Glad to hear it!