1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1999 Honda Acty HA7 Headlight Conversion?

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by NathanH, Oct 2, 2017.

1. PePe

PePe New Member

@NathanH I was looking at your diagram and I was wondering where did you tap in for ACC to connect the DRLs?
    Did you run new grounds and +12v or did you tap into the original headlight connector?

2. PePe

PePe New Member

for those interested, I used this diagram from a minitruck series in youtube https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OBoMMeT3N8FKt14RDouseHYmpGJQ81wd/view

basically wire one side and run the cables to the other side, you just need 3 relays if you want DRL but you can do it with two if you have DRL already.

I ended up using these lights: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0744F5ZMD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I used the same reflector but I cut it off a bit in the back to fit the light and grind/sanded the side until the light was flat and not sticking out of the reflector ( otherwise the lens will touch when adjusting).

The LED light is a bit heavy but I think the reflector will not break over time but even if it does, you can still make a bracket to hold the light with a full adjustment like in a jeep but you will loose the reflector which is not needed.

The inspector was totally fine with it since you can read DOT on them.

I cooked the headlights ontop of a piece of wood on the oven for 7 minutes at 200F and it was the perfect temperature to open the composite lights to work on them and eventually I polished the lens since it was faded and you could not read the DOT of the LED.

3. NathanH

NathanH New Member

Hey @PePe did you find a source for ACC or whatever ok? Mounting in the reflector sounds better than how I did it. For mine to detect when the car was on I tapped into one of the wires going to the windshield wiper motor lol... It was just the first source I found so I went with it.

4. PePe

PePe New Member

I used one of the Radiator fan relay connections that was only on when in ACC so it was easy to find.

5. PePe

PePe New Member

this is how they look like [​IMG]

[​IMG]