1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1998 dd51t ac compressor

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by Hogzilla171, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Hogzilla171

Hogzilla171 New Member

Hello everyone I'm a newbie to this so excuse me if there is already a thread on my topic I could not find it. I have a 1998 Suzuki dd51t that I just bought, I live in the central us in Oklahoma temps here are about 100 right now with high humidity so AC is nice when working. The engine idled up and everything seems to be working properly with the exception that the AC is not blowing cold and the compressor is not kicking in. I check freon on the low side and it showed elevated pressure (90-100 psi) indicating not to add. Is there any fuses or connections I can check before going to an AC mechanic and if so where are they located, or would there be a way to see if the compressor is bad? Thanks for any help.

2. Hogzilla171

Hogzilla171 New Member

Ok everyone, update, the clutch on the compressor appears to be working, I jumped the compressor over to the 12v and the clutch engaged, however aside from the wiring issue the air is blowing cool but not cold with the compressor engaged, I checked low side again for freon and it was at about 65 psi which still shows high on the gauge, any ideas?

3. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Is it possible you are either too full on freon or too low? Most AC's have pressure switches to prevent the clutch from engaging if either too high or too low to prevent damage to the compressor or other components. Could also be malfunctioning pressure switch to cause the interuption of the circuit too the clutch.

Fred

4. Hogzilla171

Hogzilla171 New Member

5. Hogzilla171

Hogzilla171 New Member

Thanks Fred any idea where the pressure switch is located on a 98 Carry right hand drive. And can I test it?

6. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

My CarryVan is a 2002 model so it is the next generation from yours and I am not familiar with your layout. Follow the piping/hoses of the AC from the compressor through the condenser and evaporator including the dryer and you should find it. You may even find a sight glass near the dryer to use. My expertise during my working years was in the area of Diesel engines, Hydraulic Boom Trucks & Equipment so I am not all that familiar with AC and only have a casual knowledge of it.

Fred