1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1997 Midget II

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by wmdorsey, May 5, 2017.

?

How many Midget II vehicles are in the USA?

1. Very rare. I've never seen one.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Very rare. I've only seen the one I own.

50.0%
  3. Rare, but not often seen. Perhaps less than 100 in USA.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Perhaps more than 100 but not often seen and rarely for sale.

50.0%
  1. wmdorsey

wmdorsey New Member

I have a 1997 Midget II and have been looking for people with these for a long time. Glad I found this forum. If you would like to correspond, please use the forum or email me at wmdorsey@charter.net. I'm curious how many of these are in the USA. I live in Taylors, SC and would like to meet anyone near here. I welcome a phone call too 864-905-2373. Anxious to find sources for parts and find out what parts for the Midget are common to the HiJet. Thanks for sharing your experiences.
    Mickey Dorsey
    Mickey Dorsey Yellow 1997-02.jpg

2. Isetta

Isetta New Member

Hi Mickey, did you have any luck finding parts sources for our Midget2? I just picked up a 1960's version and am looking around for parts.

3. wmdorsey

wmdorsey New Member

Hello Isetta. The most complete source I have found is yokohamamotors.net
    There are several sources for common tune up parts in the USA. In my case I found that those parts for the Midget II are the same as for some of the HiJet models, so things like plugs, wires, brakes are available. Anything else is almost impossible to find and very expensive. If I ever get into an accident it will be very difficult to find body parts.

What make and model do you have? I would like to correspond with you thru my email at wmdorsey@charter.net or my phone at 864-905-2373. Please write or call me so we can compare notes. I rarely get any response to any posts and since I bought mine a couple of years ago I have only seen 2 others for sale in the country.

I hope to hear from you again.
    Mickey