1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1995 sambar

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Nigel, May 13, 2023.

1. Nigel

Nigel New Member

Hey everyone, I've looked high and low but to no avail. I brought a 1995 sambar that had the engine stripped and never put back together. That part I've done, but I'm having a hard time trying to get it to stay running. I've put the vacuum lines where i think they go but no luck. All the pics/videos I seen, I even have the workshop manuals, don't show where they all go. There is no diagram under the cover. I'm at my witts end. I've posted and asked other sambar owners on many platforms still no answers. Someone must have a 1995 carburetor sambar. Please help
    Thanks

2. udidwht

udidwht Member

Will it start?

3. OhDeer

OhDeer Active Member Supporting Member

https://imgur.com/a/boh4bq0[​IMG]

Heres a pic I took of my 95 before I replaced all the vac lines. the one that isn't connected goes down to the breather port on the distributor cap.

Edit: no idea why the image isn't showing up, hopefully the link works

4. Nigel

Nigel New Member

It starts and runs for a few minutes then dies. It needs to cool down a bit before it starts again, then keeps repeating. I'm assuming it's the carb as I have 150 psi compression on all cylinders. I'll order a reconditioned one from Yokohama motors when they're back in stock.

5. udidwht

udidwht Member

I'd replace the fuel solenoid/s on the carb.

6. Nigel

Nigel New Member

The fuel cut off solenoid? Also the thermo valve at the back of the carb has 2 ports one has a vacum line the other is broken off. Does that matter and if so where does the missing line go to?