1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1995 Mitsubishi For Sale In West Virginia

Discussion in 'Mini Truck Sales' started by ranger1, Aug 4, 2008.

  1. ranger1

    ranger1 New Member

    I have a 1995 Mitsu for sale. I have given up trying to license it or get insurance on it here in WV. This is the cleanest and lowest mileage truck I have ever seen. It's four-wheel drive, five speed. It does not have locking differential. I have installed a two inch lift and 13 inch wheels and tires. It only has 12,000 miles or 20,000 km. The truck is in excellent condition, no tears in seats or interior; exterior looks great and does not have any dents or rust. It also has a/c that works great. It has the original white paint. The truck has been adult driven by me only and I take care of my stuff. I do not have pictures at this time. The truck is located one hr from me at my camp. The next time I go up I will take pictures and post. I hate to sell it; I looked far and wide to find one in this kind of condition. Here in WV you can not even register them as a farm-use vehicle so I'm going to sell it. I will take $6.300 for it. My phone number is 304-965-2611 or 304-542-8049.
  2. rffarm

    rffarm New Member

    Don't know if this will change your mind about selling your truck. I had a conversation with DMV in Charleston regarding use of the trucks. This was prompted by a news report on a radio station in Gassaway.

    DMV's and WV State Police official stance (until the the legislature acts):

    State Police Sgt. Jeff Skidmore said there is considerable confusion about the use of the vehicles.

    State Division of Motor Vehicles officials say they won't register them for highway use, but they are being used for "farm use."

    Sgt. Skidmore said "The trucks are recognized and defined by DMV as an "Implement of Husbandry." They are defined under WV State Code 17A-3-2.

    In general these trucks can only be operated between two tracts of land owned or leased by the owner of the implement and not to exceed 25 miles, whether the tracts are adjoined or not.

    They can only can be operated between sunrise and sunset, and the only exception is to and from a repair shop for service.

    They do not have to be registered and they are exempt from inspection.

    They are required to have insurance.

    They are required to have the words "Farm Use" on both sides in at least ten inch lettering.

    They do not need a slow moving sign, and they are prohibited from the expressways.

    There is a committee comprised of State Police, DMV and truck dealers that are meeting in Sept. to draft a bill to be sent to Transportation Committee during next January session. The bill submitted last year died in committee.

    DMV spokesperson I talked to was Glenn Pauley (Glenn.O.Pauley@wv.gov).

    Good luck,
  3. steelyron

    steelyron Member

    I too am a WV Mini truck owner, and am very interested in what happens with this legislation. Do you know if they are trying to get them categorized for highway use?
  4. rffarm

    rffarm New Member

    When i spoke with Glen from DMV, one of the items they were considering was the fact that other states had indeed allowed operation on highways.

    He said it would probably be a stretch to get them approved for federal interstate travel, though.

    The state police policy at this point is to only issue warnings for road use. Local cops may differ, but Glenville State U. owns at least 2, and runs them all over Glenville. Jackson's Mill Historic Center has at least one, and uses it between locations on the adjoining state roads.

    I'm in Gilmer county and bought my truck from a dealer in Sutton, Braxton County. Brent Boggs is our local state rep, and member of the Transportation committee. I'm going to be writing Brent and advising him that these trucks are a great assest to farming, with gas prices what they are. Hopefully they'll clear up the status of these trucks, next legislative cycle, but that could be 6 months away.

    BTW, i was able to obtain liability insurance from State Farm for my truck, so coupled with the 'Farm Use' on the side, i am legal, occording to the state regs.

    Good luck,
    chuck webb
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  5. ranger1

    ranger1 New Member

    Thanks for the info...I have already sold my truck. I used my truck around my camp in braxton county, the local county sheriff is writing tickets to anyone driving a mini-truck. I could not find anyone to insure my truck either. The dealers and owners of these trucks really need to contact their represenatives or most likely nothing will be done. There was a bill up last year before the legislature refering to the use of mini-trucks and was put on the back burner. Wish all of you the best of luck.

    Thanks! Ranger1

Share This Page