1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1995 Diahatsu Auto Trans Problems

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet' started by marjhunkins, Jun 25, 2011.

1. marjhunkins

marjhunkins New Member

My Dad has a 1995 Diahatsu S110p-060824 4wd auto transmission. The transmission starts out in third gear so doesn't have any power to go up hill. If you are on flat ground you can build up speed but it never shifts out of 3rd gear. We have to go up hills in reverse.
    Does any one know anything we can try? We dropped the pan and cleaned the screen and put new fluid in it but no change. What do those solenoids by the hydraulic valve body do? Is it worth trying to change them? If so where would I get either transmission parts or a new transmission for this vehicle. My Dad loves it and doesn't want to give up on it.
    Thank-you for your help.

2. MichTrucks

MichTrucks Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

We can get you a used or new trans from Japan.

3. oldoldoldman

oldoldoldman Member

Im interested in your broken trans if you get rid of it, but sry no help on fixing it. tom

4. goth7182

goth7182 New Member

i worked for Saturn for some years as a trans tech, the solinoids would probably be your problem, but i wonder if the trans was rigged to only stay in third gear, ive heard stories of these truck trans being rigged to limit speed when they were sent over, i would check and see if some of the solinoids are unpluged(that would be obvious) or look and see if any of the wiring has been changed, im not a mini truck expert by any means but as a tech of several years ive learned sometimes the obvious is staring you in the face

another question: has the truck always done this or did it just start?

the computer( if these trucks have one) may even pe progamed to only use third gear

like i said im no mini truck expert

5. marjhunkins

marjhunkins New Member

Could you quote me a price for a new or used transmission from Japan.

Also, the minitruck just started doing this. It shifted fine for a couple years. Do the solenoids control which gear it starts out in and then controls the shifts? How would I find the solenoids to purchase? When we dropped the pan, we cleaned the solenoids but didn't test them.
    Thanks for the advise.

6. We carry all parts for your ATM S110P here in Japan. We are a Daihatsu Parts Dealer and ship globally. We might even have the tranny but will have to check. Send me an email as listed below and I’ll get you the price plus shipping door to door.

Cheers,
    Don
    parts@yokohamamotors.com
    www.yokohamamotors.com

7. goth7182

goth7182 New Member

was there any metal in the pan ?

and i would probably go with solinoid, but you would have to weigh the price options ( new trans, couple of solinoids( will the solinoids fix it?)

hard to diag something when its not in your hands