1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1994 suzuki carry

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by pmdemars, Oct 30, 2014.

1. pmdemars

pmdemars New Member

i bought new turf tamer tires not real aggressive tread but good off road tires problem is when parked on cement or dirt for more than 3 hours or more when you drive it down the road it thumps like it has a flat spot on tires from sitting once you drive for a mile or two shut it off for a while and drive it again it don't thump any more I switched front to rear with tires still does it anybody have this problem? could to rack inpion do this seems to be getting worse kinda feels like I have a shimmy but everything seam tight except the rack hit bump can feel it threw steering wheel

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  2. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

Check the center bushing (steering), and tie rod ends for slop. But yea the turf tires will get flat spots. Nothing you can do about but drive it for couple of miles and warm 'em up.

3. TAT

TAT New Member

If it's a bias tire it will get flat spots after sitting. After they warm up they will smooth out.

4. pmdemars

pmdemars New Member

jacked up front of truck till wheels off ground ,spun drivers side wheel long shaft spins nice and free spun other side short side had to spin with both hands as I rotate wheel it was thumping like it did down road I had g&r rebuild that axel when I bought the truck because joint nearest the pig was broke that's where im getting getting the thumping from as I rotate that wheel either the joint is getting bad or possibly some thing in the pig not meshing together right isn't it suppose to spin free like the other wheel?

5. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Should have about the same resistance to spinning on either side as far as the differential goes as the spider gears would just be rotating in opposite directions depending on which side you are spinning. If you have any lift added, you may have more operating angle than the joints were designed for. The short side will be operating at a larger angle than the long side and may be trying to "lock up", this could give you a feel of shimmy in your steering. Another thing is the weight of those tires is probably quite a bit more than stock and any out of balance would be somewhat magnified. Hope this helps, just thinking of possibilities.

Fred

6. TRAX and HORNS

TRAX and HORNS Well-Known Member

If you have a 2 " + lift kit that's to much. And yes it will make the
    Clunk Clunk sound when rotating passenger tire when truck is lifted into air.
    Yrs. ago we figured out anything over 2" lift on Suz
    /Dai is to much.
    Might measure your lift and cut it down to 1 1/2 or 1 3/4" to be on safe side.
    Been there done that.
    If you want the larger lift be prepared to get into a major ordeal, lifting body,
    Drop steering assy ect.