1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1994 suzuki carry

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry References' started by pmdemars, Jan 16, 2013.

1. pmdemars

pmdemars New Member

truck starts fine idiles high, when it warms up stays at high idle and butterfly is still 95% closed cant seem to get it to idle down any suggestions? would grately appreceiate the help. carb was rebuilt by g&r

2. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

Sounds like the coolant lines are blocked,either by gunk or an air lock.On some there is a bleeder at the thermostat housing and sometimes you can just jack the front end up and take the radiator cap off and run it for a few minutes and it will burp out.

3. pmdemars

pmdemars New Member

pulled carb off checked for restrictions found none, was told by g&r dist should not have vac till throttled but manual says dist. vac hose hooks up when looking at front of carb to the 1stpin to left of air/gas screw ,mine has 3 pins on left of screw and 2pins to right when looking at front of carb motor still wants to race cold or hot and i,m not seeing butterfly open when warmed up if you manully open butterfly with hand the motor revs even higher any suggestions? i,ve hooked vac. lines like the book says and i,ve hooked them upby a picture off this web with no luck. i,m not sure what the f/pr is.

4. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

DSCN2845.JPG Here are 2 pics of my 95.It's a dumper so one is from the rear of carb and one is from undeer drivers seat.In the one from the rear if I pull the vac line off the little blue and white in line valve it idles faster DSCN2846.JPG DSCN2846.JPG

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  5. the pou

the pou Member

I to would suspect a bloked coolant line to the choke temperature element.chek to see witch screw on your carb
    Is holding your buterfly at fast idle.it is eather your choke or your fast idle cut-of.
    Check the thread title. DESPERATELY NEED TUNING HELP ! You should have al the information for
    Tuning the carb, and all the information about the vacuum lines configurations according to the type of carb
    3+2. 2+3 and 3+1
    Good luck

6. pmdemars

pmdemars New Member

pulled the carb off blew through the two water ports they were not plugged up blew through the two water lines not plugged up either was told dist. should not have vac. til you give it gas, but when i hookit up that way it will run at a lower idle but has no power when thottled i still dont know what the f/pr hook up stands for have a good picture of the back of carb and it shows where the dist ,choke,egr valve go but im clueless about what hooks up to the f/pr valve i do have a 4 way vac.valve on the intake,also i have a vac.nipple right bhind the carb. on the intake not sure what hooks up there either getting flustrated cant seem to get this truck to idle down but still have power to it seems to be either or any suggestions?

7. the pou

the pou Member

The F-port,is the one that should be connected to the fast idle cut-off it is the only port that have hy vacuum at low idle
    It is the one that throtle back the RPM as soon as the ingine starts. At hyer RPM,that port has almost no vacuum.
    I wil try to atache a picture, if it does not work, go check the thred. DESPERATLY NEED TUNING HELP in the suzuki carry
    Section.
    I have the drawing there. I think that port #2 and #5 should be switched on my drawing.
    From looking at your pictures, it does not look like your fast-idle cut off is control by the f-port, that could explain
    Why your RPM stays hi all the time
    you can make sure you have the good port by testing it with a vacuum guage it is the one on the outside
    Of the carb (the side of the 3 port )

image.jpg

8. Jim Nelson

Jim Nelson Active Member

If you haven't looked at that desperate thread you might want to as there is a lot of info there.