1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1994 suzki 660 axle lock

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by SUZUKI1987, Mar 31, 2019.

1. SUZUKI1987

SUZUKI1987 New Member

Ive had this 94 carry for 4-5 years now there is a axle lock switch in the dash by my right knee when I put it in 4wd the light comes on but I don't think its doing anything... in two wheel drive I push the button and the light comes on but nothing chages its still a one tire peeler not sure what exactly this axle lock does on these trucks? im guessing its not working what do I need to look for? also what amp altenator is on these trucks im wanting to put a cb in the truck and its a peaked and tuned cb radio that draws some amps I want to make sure it will handle it>> it does have the upgraded battery box with a car style big battery... thanks for any info!!!!

2. matt167

matt167 Active Member

axle lock does nothing really. It's a part of the 4x4 system that locks the front differential to the driveshaft. Like the diff motor on a Chevy truck. The carry just has a button for it. Your shift computer may not be working. They are still available but pretty expensive. It's either that or the solenoid that locks it in the differential..

The Alternator is a 35A unit which is enough to run the truck but not much else. However the alternator for a Bobcat S130 should drop in place, and plug in and that is a 90A unit. No guarantee's but they do look identical and close enough you could get it working without any issue. With that though, you better make sure the idle up control is working because that alternator would stall an engine running at base idle. Your idle should bump a bit with the lights on or any other load.

ram204 and SDK1968 like this.
  3. SUZUKI1987

SUZUKI1987 New Member

ok thanks for the info!! I might look into that alternator... yes mine done perk up when the lights are on..thanks again for the info love these little trucks!!!