1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1994 Mitsubishi speed limiter or governed issue I think?

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by Pegleg Jake, Mar 8, 2019.

1. Pegleg Jake

Pegleg Jake New Member

I have a 1994 Mitsubishi U42T with 3G83 Engine. Does it come with a governor installed, I can only get to 35 mph top speed. I do have 4th and 5th gear that works, it’s just the speed issue. Thanks for any help

2. matt167

matt167 Active Member

If it's an older import or a USDM market truck ( Mighty Mits ) then probably. Otherwise I'd call it out of tune. The engines are only 45ish hp running correctly and if you get a skip or missfire you may not even hear it under load, but you will feel it.

3. Pegleg Jake

Pegleg Jake New Member

All I can get is 45 mph, reading some of the others it seems slow.

4. matt167

matt167 Active Member

If it's a Japanese imported truck that was 25 years or older when it came over then it's probably not running 100%. If it's an older import than it is probably speed limited. Mitsubishi used a cable drive limiter if it has one

5. Pegleg Jake

Pegleg Jake New Member

As far as I can tell it’s a 94 overseas version with the right side driver. I’ve done a lot to so out of tune is most likely the issues but wanted to rule out the governor first. Most likely I think is it’s out of time, carb needs fine tuning or i have one of the six intake side vacuum hoses hooked up in the wrong spot. I can’t find any drawing I can understand foe sure of there location. It’s a 34SHVT Mikuni carb. The breather side is self explanatory but the back ports are two on the left and four on the right that I’m unsure of. Thanks for your input, I’m sure it’s simple for the other thousands on here but my mind works in bacon or negative form. Thanks

Attached Files: