1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1993 honda acty truck has no spark

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by marjhunkins, Jun 25, 2011.

1. marjhunkins

marjhunkins New Member

My 1993 honda acty truck HA4 won't start. it cranks but has no spark. I changes the plugs , cap, rotor and wires and still nothing. Could it be the coil? or Ignition module? Where could I get these parts? How do you check these parts? Any ideas of anything else to check. Would appreciate any help I can get. My whole family has different mini trucks and love them. They leave it up to me to keep them running and I am stumped.

2. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

Check and see if you are getting power to the coil with the ignition switch on,and while cranking....

3. marjhunkins

marjhunkins New Member

OK, I tested for power to coil and there is. I found a coil at Napa from a 1985-1990 acura and it was identical. So if I changed the coil, plugs, cap, rotor and wires, and there is power to the coil when you turn the key on, does that mean that the distributor is bad or the ignition module in the distributor? Any ideas where to get a distributor or ignition module if that is it?
    I really appreciate your help. I feel like I am getting close just by the process of elimination!

4. OldMachinist

OldMachinist Moderator Staff Member

5. blakkmoon

blakkmoon Member

Sounds like the same problem i had last year

http://www.minitrucktalk.com/showthread.php?t=8434&highlight=blakkmoon

Mine WAS the ignition module
    I went to the wrecking yard ( took mine with me to match it up )
    I found one off an 80;s - either prelude or civic - i cant remember which one
    but it was exactly the same
    I grabbed a couple of them

Plugged it in
    Fired right up

good luck

Hey
    anyone happen to know what ball joints and tie rod ends might swap over for a 91 acty??

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011