1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1993 Daihatsu Deck Van

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by I_boondock, Jan 18, 2012.

1. I_boondock

I_boondock New Member

New to the forum and the mini truck world.

I live in Alaska and started looking for a mini truck about two years ago after we bought some property off the beaten path that only has reliable access by ATV. Or snowmachine (snowmobile) in the winter.

With a small family to get in and out, it was either buy several more machines and/or one of the larger UTVs.

For the money, a deck van looked very interesting. With better year around creature comforts.

So I started searching for a deck van and was lucky enough to find one in state.

As the title says, a 1993 Daihatsu Atrai. Turbo charged, hi/lo 4wd and a 5 speed. And the cosmic roof option which the kids like.

The mini was located in a small town about 300 miles away, so last weekend I made the trip over to pick it up.

I'm going to attach a few pics from the trip, because it was a bit of an epic journey to get it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Adam C Spry likes this.
  2. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

Wow..Turbo Atrai deck van with cosmic roof is a rare truck...cool truck and cool pics. thanks for sharing...and welcome to the fun:)

Adam C Spry likes this.
  3. downhere

downhere Member

Welcome and congrats! Being a deck van owner myself i'm looking forward to seeing some more pics. Enjoy...

4. trials4evr

trials4evr Member

Wow great pictures! And a cool deck van too! Looks like it was quite a drive to get it. some very interesting scenery up there.

5. CrazyLuke

CrazyLuke New Member

6. CrazyLuke

CrazyLuke New Member

I also have a 93 atrai van cosmic roof, turbo, 4wd, rear locker, power steering etc. The utility combined with the fun ride and the spool of the turbo is so fun!

Enjoy that van with the family! These are a rare breed! :cool:

7. Jigs-n-fixtures

Jigs-n-fixtures Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard. Cool van, Not sure it will mount tracks, but you might want to look into whether you can. It would make winter snow travel possible.

Please populate your signature with the information on your rig. Your don’t need to add as much as I have, but it is a big help when you need help, if we know what year, model, engine series, etc.

Adam C Spry likes this.