1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1992 sambar need help.

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by jason mcbeth, Apr 17, 2019.

1. jason mcbeth

jason mcbeth Member

Ok having trouble getting the speedometer etc to illuminate.Anyone have advice?I have pulled the assembly and checked the big bulb close to center with no luck.Also in doing so somehow lost turn signals.

2. Maximal

Maximal Active Member

headlights work? if not, might be a switch issue. before anything, check all the fuses

3. jason mcbeth

jason mcbeth Member

Headlights work,A few other issues tho.Installed a stereo and the white w/ blue stripe constant 12v doesnt work as well.Also the rear tail lights wont work,but the brake lights do and the turn signals did but like i said they quit.Checked all the fuses.Is there a relay for 12v power on key switch?

4. jason mcbeth

jason mcbeth Member

Is there more than one fuse box?I found one left of steering column but seems small.

5. David Ogden

David Ogden Member

There is no relay according to the manual I have. The dash lights and tail lights both come off the same fuse to a red/black wire on the light switch and out to a red/green. This manual is wrong about other things so user beware.
    The other fuse box is by the battery and is only the main fuses.

6. Maximal

Maximal Active Member

yeah unless you blew a main fuse, somethings odd. thats way too much funky electrical stuff happening between no turn signals, no rear lights, etc to not be a fuse or the like

7. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

Doesn't the 12v+ for the radio go between the cig lighter and the dash lights? maybe you severed that connection when you installed the radio? Just a guess.

8. Maximal

Maximal Active Member

Not 100% but I'm fairly sure they share a ground only

9. David Ogden

David Ogden Member

I forgot to mention before but check that the 4 flasher way switch is not partly on.

10. jason mcbeth

jason mcbeth Member

Ok folks,Wanted to make last update.The running light/dash light problem was my fault.Pinched a wire when I installed new front marker light.I also spent a lot of time trying to figure out why the truck would run great then stall randomly.First I pulled the tank and removed filter on fuel pickup line,then swapped out fuel pump, still same problem.I ended up swapping carbs and it got worse,Finally I decided to revisit the carb I had just removed.First I opened up the top plate and seen its just a bowl and I would have return fuel to tank.that threw me earlier in troubleshooting as when it died I would pull return line off to see if I had fuel and there always was so I figured all good.Anyway, so I dug deeper and pulled the float bowl off again and blew thru the ports in upper bowl that feed the float needle seat.That's where the ah-ha moment happened around 3:00 a.m. in the morning.I pulled the seat for float needle to find a VERY fine plastic screen plugged with what looked like fine yellow talcum powder.Cleaned all the ports leading to it and swapped carbs back out for success.Was very frustrating.All is well now with the mini truck.Hope this helps someone.Also thanks again for all the help from the members here.i will check in from time to time to read posts and assist others.

11. Ohkei Dohkei

Ohkei Dohkei Active Member

Great news!