1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1992 DD51T jetting at altitude

Discussion in 'Suzuki Carry' started by TimF, Oct 20, 2020.

1. TimF

TimF New Member

I picked up a 92 DD51T Carry at auction that apparently was used on a farm in Nebraska. No clue if the previous owner re-jetted or not, but I plan to use this Carry in the Denver area at around 5k to 6k feet of elevation so it probably needs some sort of high altitude tuning.

1. Does anyone know the best jet setup for that altitude?
    2. If not, do you at least know the factory jetting? I think it's a 91.3 main and 145 air jet. Math tells me this should roughly be the 86.3 main jet (Suzuki #09491-86005-000), but I'm not sure. Will probably leave the air jet alone for now, unless someone suggests otherwise.
    3. Does anyone know what other vehicles use the same jets? I'm hoping to find these locally and can't imagine they're exclusive to the Carry. Maybe a motorcycle/snowmobile/UTV shop or a boat dealer? I think I saw that a 2002 Suzuki outboard uses that same main jet.

I plan to get an emission test on her somehow, so I'm hoping to dial in the jetting beforehand. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks a bunch!
    Tim

2. matt167

matt167 Active Member

Mikuni built the carburators. I never looked for them but a cycle shop should be able to help you out.