1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1992 ACTY Muffler

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by Hondagy, Jan 25, 2009.

1. Hondagy

Hondagy New Member

I just bought a 1992 ACTY and took it for a drive down the highway. The muffler blew out the casing. Is there a aftermarket replacement available? I noticed it has serveral warm air tubes coming off of it. It's cold in Medicine Hat, Alberta, so I need something kinda stock to retain these warm air tubes. Any thoughts?

2. Windmill

Windmill Member

I would swear that a muffler off of a Honda 4 wheeler might work. Might have to get a hold of Mighty Milt or Greg0187 they might know.

3. New mufflers here in Japan run about $200 for the Acty. Problem is the exchange rate from dollar to yen is really bad now for parts. Shipping can run high.

Br,
    Don

4. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

Here are some pics of a stock HA4 muffler assembly without the heat shields
    as shown below.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There are two aftermarket styles I found - The first one has the pre-heat pipes on it, the second does not.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And the other style
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The preheat hoses are important for heating the air to the carb in the winter especially with you
    being in Alberta. :eek: Not sure why there are to different styles of mufflers for the HA4 but maybe
    one of the Japan based members can fill us in.

I would probably try some of the forum sponsors as a first try, start with the ones closest to you in Canada
    and then work your way down South and see who has the best price on shipping to you in Alberta

5. There are 4 types for the Honda. Best way is to check by your complete VIN number or you will get the wrong version (Murfys law). Your vin number is under the seat and starts with a HA4-123456 (example). Your better off to find one in the US/Canada as shipping from Japan is extream right now.

Br,
    Don

6. drempel

drempel New Member

I got one from this guy http://rockymountainimports.net/ The muffler for my 1988 wasn't too expensive (about $230), but the exhaust pipe (the piece from the manifold to the muffler) was special order and set me back $600. YMMV

7. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

drempel, Is that what this piece is for?

[​IMG]

8. GR.mike

GR.mike Member

I can get a muffler for you. Just need some info PM me with what you need and your address so I can get a shipping quote for you.

9. drempel

drempel New Member

That's the basic idea, but I have no idea whether or not it's the exact one for the truck under discussion.

10. Windmill

Windmill Member

How did you post these pictures like this?

11. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

To insert pictures like above:

1. I used the service provided by Kevin [site admin] see thread here or actual site http://www.imagelinky.com/
    2. Way easier if you open up a seperate window/ tab with the imagelinky site in one and the forum in another window/ tab.
    This way you can toggle back and forth between the two and it makes copy/paste a snap.
    3. At the imagelinky site use the "browse" button to go the place on your computer where your pictures are stored.
    Select the picture you want to upload, then use the "Upload" button. It will generate three different links.
    4. Use the bottom "Forum Link" do a copy and paste, by this I mean use your mouse to highlight the whole link by holding down the left mouse button and scrolling over it.
    It should now be highlighted, push the right mouse button and select "copy"
    **Make sure you get all the link when highlighting or it won't work**
    The link should look like this except that I left the outer brackets off [] so you could see it
    URL=http://images.imagelinky.com/1233203695.][​IMG][/URL
    5. In your post put the blinking cursor where you would like the picture to be and then use the right mouse button and select "paste"
    6. You should now have the link like the above example in your post [exect the # will be different.
    If you use "Preview Post" you should see the picture in it -sometimes it takes a second to load from the server.
    If you just see the link above and no picture then something got missed. :frustration:
    If you see the picture time to celebrate :cool:

If it still doesn't make sense to anybody they can PM me and I will try my best to help you out.

12. Windmill

Windmill Member

Every time I hit the right click, the highlighted part vanishes. My computor is evil.:frustration:

13. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

Partly my fault.
    You need to keep the cursor over top over the highlighted area
    or you don't get the copy option when doing the right click.
    Sorry about that.
    Sometimes it hard to xplain when you just do it on auto pilot :D

14. Windmill

Windmill Member

I sometimes think That when I am trying to do something on the computor. I should hook up one side to my mini and the other side to my Dodge 2500 and put it in low 4 wheel drive and hit the.............................................GAS!!!!!