1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1991 Sambar Cabin Light

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Rural, Oct 26, 2008.

1. Rural

Rural Member

My cabin light didn't work when I bought my truck. Today, I pulled off the plastic light cover. No bulb. Anybody have a guess as to what bulb it takes?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2008
  2. swampfox

swampfox Member

Interior light

My '91 Sambar uses a festoon type bulb there. It measures 1 3/16" long (tip to tip) x 3/8" in diameter, and on the bulb it says: "Toshiba A12V8w". I hope this helps.

3. tmikewww

tmikewww Member

I recently bought "bulbs" for "cargo box light " at Napa auto. Like $3.00 for 2. Should be same "bulb"

4. Rural

Rural Member

Thanks guys. I thought of checking the cargo box light while cycling in to work this morning. To be honest, I'd forgotten that it exists and haven't tried it. But if it's got a bulb in it, I'm set.

And if it doesn't, you've given me enough to work with.

5. Timetripper

Timetripper Moderator

While we are on the subject of lights, the box light requires two things to work:
    1. Engine running
    2. Park brake on
    Let there be light :D

6. Rural

Rural Member

I confirmed that last night. Kind of makes sense. I'd prefer that it was just that the key was in the ignition, but at least now I know.

And I've checked out a couple of auto parts places in town. No luck with the bulbs yet. Two more to check tonight. Otherwise, I'll have to put it on my list for our next trip to the big city (Red Deer).

7. Rural

Rural Member

NAPA carries the bulbs. WAG-12100. About $2 CDN each.

8. confuzed

confuzed Member

wow the big city .....lol........ hey if in doubt rural our dealer sold a truck to napa in drumheller for deliveries it seems they have matched some parts for thiers so it might pay to call them if you don't find info on here i'm hoping to get to red deer this week end but not sure and no i can't take my truck boooooo hooooooo wife won't let daughter sit on her knee to old she says lol 17 heeeee heeeee so if we go the mini van ewwwwww they won't ride in my old one ton