1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1990 KS4 AC drier

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by Bobacuda, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Bobacuda

Bobacuda Member

upload_2019-9-27_18-48-21.jpeg I need a new AC drier for my 1990 Sambar KS4. After crawling under the truck and looking at the drier, I think changing it out will be as much fun as getting the new drier.

My truck’s drier appears to have “banjo” style hoses, with the pressure switch on the middle pointing up. Anyone else have this style? If so, and you replaced the drier, do you have a photo looking down at the top?

Trying to find a local, low cost replacement. I see some driers online that fit 90’s Subaru’s, Mazda’s and Isuzus for $25 that appear to have the same fittings. If the photo works, this is mine (still connected).
    upload_2019-9-27_18-48-21.jpeg

Attached Files:

2. Maximal

Maximal Active Member

when i stripped my 91 i just removed the box then gutted the AC. the box is 15ish bolts, few wire harness clips, and the spare tire carrier to take out. might worth getting someone to help you take off the box to replace it and attack anything else like cleaning the frame etc while its off

3. Bobacuda

Bobacuda Member

For some reason, this post allowed photos. Did your drier look like this? If so, do yo have a photo of the top after it was removed?