1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1990 Hijet 4x4 oil filter

Discussion in 'Daihatsu Hi jet References' started by robbieg, Sep 19, 2010.

1. robbieg

robbieg New Member

Hey,
    just talked to my friend who works at a shop. We searched the system for a 1990 Daihatsu Hijet for kicks... and it came up with an numbers for an oil filter!
    It's a
    Parts Master 61394
    Looks suspiciously like an oil filter. I think they got it from a NAPA, but I donno.
    Google tells me it's made by WIX. So. yeah.
    http://www.autoparts2020.com/rsdev/part_detail.jsp?PART_HDR_ID=45936
    Rock on.

2. dorkpunch

dorkpunch New Member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  3. astronut

astronut New Member

my 90 daihatsu hijet runs down the road great at 60 mph but after 5 minutes or so
    it starts losing power and bogs down to around 30 mph.. any ideas what i can check?.. thanks!

4. Float in the bowl is prob out of adjustment, but you could always start your own thread about it, instead of jacking other peoples..might get better advice

5. astronut

astronut New Member

1990 Hijet brakes

I changed out both front wheel cylinders on my Hijet p.u. They worked great for a couple of months.. Now it seems that whenever I hit the brakes, I have to pump them to get them to work.. They always go to the floor on thw first try.. Any suggestions please?.. Thanks so much!

6. copeina

copeina Member

Start with bleeding the entire system. If your pedal is still going to the floor, your master cylinder is shot.

/Kris