1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1989 Daihatsu Hijet S81P Parts

Discussion in 'General Truck Info' started by Brian Kelleher, Sep 10, 2022.

1. Brian Kelleher

Brian Kelleher New Member

Hi Everyone
    I recently purchased a 1989 Daihatsu Hijet S81P RHD.

I am in search of replacement wiper blades as the ones currently on the truck are worn out.

I am also having a few issues, the passenger side headlight is out and when I tried turning the high beams on I saw smoke inside the headlight. I took the head light off but it doesn't look like you can change the bulb on this style of headlight, is it possible to change the bulb or will I need an entire new headlight? where might I find the parts for this?

Also yesterday when I got in the truck I noticed when I released the hand brake the light on the dash did not turn off as it had always previously done, does anyone have experience with this issue?

TIA

2. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

Any FLAPS should be able to match your blades, carry them in with you.

89 should have round headlights, if so just replace the whole thing. As I remember should be a 2024, If you wish to upgrade to Halogen, buy 2 H2024, they are cheap compared to modern headlights and easy to change.

Light indicates: Park brake on - Switch out of adjustment - Imbalance front/back systems - low fluid. More than likely low fluid due to pad wear on the fronts, possible seeping past the cups at the rears.

Fred

FLAPS - Friendly Local Auto Parts Store

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
    Limestone likes this.
  3. Brian Kelleher

Brian Kelleher New Member

Thanks for the reply Fred,
    I was looking online for a h2024 headlight and could not seem to find one. Could it be a H6024?

4. fmartin_gila

fmartin_gila Well-Known Member

My bad, you are correct. Just pulled the number out of my fuzzy memory, too many years.

Fred

5. Shink

Shink New Member

Hey Brian,

I ended up getting the Trico 33-150 Classic Wiper Blades for my 1993 S83P Hijet and the work, perfectly. I'm up in Canada and was able to get them through Amazon, so I would imagine you would have no trouble finding a set.

Cheers

thedakotakid likes this.