1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1987 Minicab stalls

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by VanOne, Jan 22, 2021.

1. VanOne

VanOne Member

Keep having a odd issue on wet weather. The car stalls when it is warm, and I try to get going. Stalls instantly when my foot pushes down on the gas pedal. I can get it going by cranking and pushing the gas pedal down, but it repeats this every time even after half a hour of running. Sometimes it stalls just sliding into the intersection.

2. VanOne

VanOne Member

Seems mixture was off, mechanic thought it got too much air based on the sound the engine was making, and downshifting made a excessive whine at shift points marked on the speedometer, so I adjusted the MAS screw. Still have some stumbling when idling with blow at full, and headlights on, its like it stumbles on 3rd stroke or the first one, but it could be the transmission mounts cause the stumbling is pretty random, and doesn't happen all the time. Have to see if turning the screw further fixes that or worsens it. Exhaust doesn't smell anymore however, it used to smell terrible, bit like burned motor oil. And car didn't manage to move forward in 1st gear without gas pedal pressing, now it can, was the same story with reverse, works pretty nicely now.