1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1985 Mitsubishi Minicab U12T 4WD for sale

Discussion in 'Mini Truck Sales' started by Steven McCullough, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Steven McCullough

Steven McCullough New Member

Update: Truck is running with new fuel lines, fuel pump and pressure regulator. Put in a new air filter and have a new in box distributor cap and rotor. Four brand new ATV (24x8-12) tires. Truck runs good, but won't idle with less than half choke. I think the carb might be off something else or just need a good cleaning. Ran a new tank of gas through it and that helped. The idle at half choke sounds right, not too high and it runs fine. Goes through all the gears, 4hi/lo work, all the lights work as far as I can tell. Battery charges...the only thing I noticed is the heat won't blow hot. It looks like the cable might be missing. Disregard the below...I have $2700 in the truck and that is my bottom dollar. I still want one with a dump, but right now I just don't get out of first gear for what I'm using it for and bought an old Kawasaki Mule 500 which handles most of my needs. No title, bill of sale only. I bought a brand new brush guard for a Kubota tractor at auction that I had planned on modifying for it and I will include that guard. Can help with delivery within 100 miles for the cost of my gas. I will add pictures later today.

I Bought this with plans to convert to a dump, but it isn’t running. Previous owner cut and capped all the fuel lines. I tinker, but really don’t have the time for the project and think I’m going to look at newer running trucks with a dump. It turns over strong and the previous owner replaced the brakes and clutch (have his service notes and receipts from yokohamamotors)...body and frame are in good shape, tires hold air, interior is in good shape and the lights work. I just ordered a new distributor cap and rotor button (will be included if they arrive in time from Japan). I’m in Northern Virginia but can trailer it for the right price if we aren’t that close to each other. $2,500 is where I am as I think the truck will take minimum effort to get running. May have it running in a few weeks if I find the time. Price goes up then.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  2. werase643

werase643 Member

which engine? 3g81 or 3g83

3. Steven McCullough

Steven McCullough New Member

It’s the 560 cc engine G23B? I think. But it’s running now. Replaced all the fuel lines, new fuel pump and regulator and gauge. It isn’t perfect but it runs. I don’t think it has the stock carburetor on it, but going to pull it off and clean it and see if I can find a part number for a kit for it. I’m not an expert on tuning carbs, but right now it won’t idle without some choke. I need to tweak the fuel pressure but it runs, shifts and 4 hi/lo works. Price is going up based on it running. Looking for $3250

4. Murphy

Murphy New Member

Did you sell your truck?