1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

14" wheel and tire combo that I'm using......

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by MO Acty, Feb 3, 2019.

1. MO Acty

MO Acty New Member

Hello all!

I wanted to pass along a 14" wheel and tire combo that's working great on my stock height '92 Acty. I have NO idea what the wheel application is from-they were on the truck when I bought it. No problems to report, either.

WHEELS:
    14x5.5" with a +35mm offset

TIRES:
    165/65R14 Federal SS657

NOTE: I apologize for the double post on this info. My computer hiccuped during the building of the previous thread and I thought all was lost.

2. matt167

matt167 Active Member

I use basically the same thing on my Carry. 155/65/14 Nokian Hakkapalita R2 on some cheap Raceline 14x5.5" +35mm rims. The tire size is basically equal in diamater to a 145R12 so pretty much fit any Kei truck without question ( dual bolt pattern wheels )

Nokian does not make the R2 anymore and the size is depleted stock. Current stock is the Hakkapalitta 8 studded and the Nordman 7 studded. Aside from some cheap stuff, it's really the only option. Veredestine does make the Quadrac 5 in 165/65/14

3. shogun

shogun Member

Just out of interest I checked here in Japan the online shop of one of the largest tire shops, I usually order there
    165/65R14 : besides the cheap Nankang from China most of the offers are for Bridgestone , Dunlop, EMI Zero, here you can see all the tire profiles and approx prices in Yen, per tire from approx $25 - > 120, plus shipping within Japan.
    Vredestein is not sold here.
    https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/seller...+スタッドレス&b=101&n=100&mode=1&anchor=1#localnavi

4. MO Acty

MO Acty New Member

5. matt167

matt167 Active Member

No offense those are all junk except the continental. I work at a tire shop and some of those are laughable

6. MO Acty

MO Acty New Member

I agree 100%, Matt167, that most of them are not of Continental level quality.

But I cannot justify the expense of top shelf tires for what my truck will be used for.
    The Federals I bought mounted great, balanced with tiny weights, ride fantastic and did great in the rain the other day.

Mine and my wife's daily drivers?
    That's a different story.
    They get great tires that last what seems like forever.
    I'm religious about rotating them.

7. matt167

matt167 Active Member

It actually matters more on a smaller tire.. Cheap tires are not round, in general. Federal tires are not bad, but I personally would have spent the extra $40 on the Continental, or a bit more on the Vredestein Quatrac 5 https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...idewall=Blackwall&partnum=665TR4QT5&tab=Sizes . If your driving on the road at 55mph or better

My Nokians were $63, round as can be and no lateral runout as most Nokians are, considering a $40-50 difference it would actually be worth it to have a better tire