1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

13" Mits wheels

Discussion in 'Mitsubishi Minicab' started by BC_MMC, Dec 4, 2009.

1. 3banger

3banger Member

I can't remember if I've said this in this thread yet but... Toyota 13" wheels fit great! I just had to put a 5mm spacer on the front and hog the center out of the front ones to fit over the hubs. The spacer was so the rim didn't rub on the spring perch. Everything is a lot wider and taller so it tugs on the steering a bit more. Nothing like the 215/50/13's on the Rx3 though :D

2. BC_MMC

BC_MMC Member

Retract what I said about the Princess Auto trailer rim idea. Yes, they're sitting on the shelf marked 4x4.5" but they mean 4.5" WIDE.
    The spacing is 4x100mm not 4x115mm.
    I'm quite P'd off having called, been assured they were correct and driving over 100 miles to find that they don't fit a Mits.
    Was hoping to mount fatter 185/70R13s on my machine.

Bright side: CrappyTire once again carries 12" MotomasterAW all seasons

3. N7MOG

N7MOG Member

13" wheels and tires

I did have luck getting Datsun B210 wheels @ junk yard and 155/80R13 tires from Walmart. No spacers needed. Great life so far, good ride-we'll see about winter traction with the all season tread. They do have a good pattern, just will have to see how they clean out and grip on snow. Seem to do alright in the snow. Have run them a full winter and this being August 12, 2011, am ready for another winter season. Wearing very well.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2011
  4. 3banger

3banger Member

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  5. zazenmaster

zazenmaster Member

13" Alloy Rims

If you're feeling particularly wealthy this week, I see Japanoid's web site has 13" alloy rims that'll fit 4x100 or 4x114.3 mm bolt pattern - only $450 for a set of 4 new (or there's one set of used rims for $275).

http://www.japanoid.com/store/index...ath=18&zenid=b33f17478b0e56c5e445f799e05c0394

Also they list 12" snow tires, which is something you don't often see.

http://www.japanoid.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=12

Robb

PS: My wife and I rented a Fiat Panda in Italy - it is indeed a great little car.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  6. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

FYI, those rims that Japanoid are selling where sourced from Volco so you might get a better deal there. They should have a couple of other different styles also. For regular all season tires, Canadian Tire has the Motomaster AW 145/80/12 on sale right now for $29 each .... not snows, but cheap!

7. zazenmaster

zazenmaster Member

Snow tires - continued

Thanks olddatsunfan for the tip regarding Volco.

As for tires, I bought some inexpensive Federal tires and been disappointed by their wet weather performance. Has anyone tried the MotoMaster all season tires? Has anyone found a decent R12 snow tires?

Robb

8. BC_MMC

BC_MMC Member

It's almost time to put those 13" studded winters back on, but I have a lot of work to do way the hell up gravel roads at a mine site.
    The 13" they sell have such flimsy sidewalls and these trucks are deathtraps on gravel at highspeed as it is (longer the wheelbase the better on gravel). One small correction, the radial starts to roll and the gravel amplifies it, you're sloughing all over at only 80kmh.
    Used to run our Telco S-10s at 120kmh in 4wd just to have control.
    Of course, I COULD obey the speed limit and get squashed by a loaded logging truck coming up behind at 140kmh....

9. 3banger

3banger Member

10. 3banger

3banger Member

11. fupabox

fupabox Well-Known Member

I wouldn't recommend that...they can't possibly be load rated to take the weight of your truck

12. Petrnoe

Petrnoe New Member

By the looks of it the Suzuki Swift Gt rims would fit pretty nicely as they are 4x114.3 I have a set on my Chevy Sprint Convertible and a spare set laying around that I will try on the truck this afternoon. Think they would look pretty sweet and the rubber is very cheap for 14" size.

13. 3banger

3banger Member

DOT mud and snowies

The dual sport tire max weight specs were ok. It turns out (on a sidecar forum) it's the lateral forces that they won't like.

I think I've got 185/70/13 on right now. Looking forward to hearing about the swift rims.

14. 3banger

3banger Member

15. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

I was running 175/70/13's on my '92 Every. I am now running 175/60/13's on the '90 Every. I'd probably go with 185/60/13's next time around though ....

16. zazenmaster

zazenmaster Member

Snow tires

I was wondering, could I fit a 155/65R14 tire on a stock U42T? Mathematically, it seems I ought to be able to, but sometimes math and the real world don't always line up. For example, I don't know if anyone ever made a 14x4.5" rim.

I kinda like the look of the Nokian WRG2 all weather tire.

I did find a 12" snow tire though - the Hankook Zovak in 155/80R12. Studdable too! Not available in Canada, but available just across the border...

Robb

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  17. Petrnoe

Petrnoe New Member

Anyone try any Rota rims. Looking at the Rota's that are 4 x 114.3, 13inch, offset is 4, and 8"inch deep. Anyone know whether these will fit or will I need spacers of any kind or do any mods. I keep seeing people with 0 offset. Is that needed to fit on our trucks.

18. 3banger

3banger Member

8" width??? That would be shweet! There's no way they'd fit the front because they would rub on your coil springs.

I think the widest rim will fit is 5" (if I use a spacer between the wheel and the front hub.

19. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

I believe I got 13"x5.5" under my Suzuki with no interference issues, but, I used a 175/60/13 tire all around too ...

20. fupabox

21. woodhe1

woodhe1 Member

13" wheels

www.elites-wholesale.com sells a nice 13" wheel wit a DOT stamp on it. Click on 13" and you will see them. 4x100, 4x108, 4x5.5 and 4x114.3.

The wheels are double drilled with two different bolt patterns.

Their web site says they ship internationally and I'm guessing Canada.

dan
    www.woodysminitrucks.com

22. BC_MMC

BC_MMC Member

Offset is WHERE the bolts are compared to the center of the rim. The higher the number, the closer to the outside edge.
    Which leaves more of the tire to rub on your struts.
    The old RWD vehicles (look at a pickup truck) had offsets close to zero, the center of the rim. FWD have higher offsets, your hubcap will be flat against the body panels. Aerodynamics?

23. 3banger

3banger Member

Off road 13" tires

Yes!

I scored another model of tire that would do the trick (for me). I'm looking for a "mudder."

Dunlop SP85 http://www.sheffieldmotorsportsupplies.co.uk/tyres-dunlop.html

Dunlop SP 61's look wicked, too. http://www.racetyres.com/dunlop-rally-tyres/dunlop-sp61-forest-/-gravel.html

and http://www.racetyres.com/dunlop-rally-tyres/dunlop-sp85-forest-/-gravel.html

BF Goodrich Trailmaker would be ok too I guess.

Kumho R700 http://www.racetyres.com/kumho-rally-tyres/kumho-r700-forest-/-gravel.html

The good thing about the Dunlop is that it's built to take a rally beating so me sqeezing them through sharp boulders should be just fine :D

Do the U42's have the electric locking hubs up front? That was the only hurdle for me. We had to cut the center out to fit over them. Then we slapped on standard Toyota Tercel aluminums. They did have two bolt patterns in them and I'm not sure if I'm on the Tercel set or... who knows?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  24. woodhe1

woodhe1 Member

13" Wheels

I know they fit the DA63T using FireStone Winterforce 175/70 R13 tires.

dan

25. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

hey anybody have a line on 12' winter grip lug snow tires?
    thanks

26. 3banger

3banger Member

Hankook Snowies

So I bent over and bought Canadian Tire's snow tire special.

4 x 175/70/13 Hankook iPikes

$350 installed and balanced including tax.

I went 4x4ing the day after they were on and took a pretty good beating with not probs. I had 2 people in our group cut a tire, too.

Can't complain. It's a shame I couldn't get my hands on any rally tires. They wouldn't sell them to me unless I had racing license.

27. fupabox

walmarts in ontario now blowing out 155/80/13s at $30 each..intall incl..balancing extra...under $200 for 4 if anyone is interested,,,obviously not as wide as the 175s,but essentially the same height. The rally tires would have been sweet:)

28. oldsnowman

oldsnowman Member

i found some new (used) wheels for my truck, there are off a early 80's toyota corolla rear wheel drive car. they are 13" and i am putting on 175/70-13 i-pike tires. i am also doing a 1+2" lift of my own design. i have driven this truck a lot around here on the street, and had it in a few car shows but now its going to BC to run the back country trails to all the old ghost towns. :D
    P.S. they still have to be painted
    Wyatt

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  29. olddatsunfan

olddatsunfan Member

Those'll work, I'm running 175/70/13's snow tires on 13"x4.5" steel Datsun RWD rims now on my van. They just barely rub at full lock on the bodykit. I'd bet the same tire on a 13"x4" tire would work without rubbing.

30. zazenmaster

zazenmaster Member

Snow tire solution - just in time for summer!

Well, I finally found a snow tire solution for my U42T: 1970's vintage Keystone 13x5 mag wheels from a Datsun A510 (purchased on EBay) and Pirelli 155/70R13 Winter Carving tires (from 1010tire).

The wheels needed a bit of machining as the multi-fit bolt holes were egg-shaped (designed for a smaller bolt diameter in the outer position which the Mitsubishi uses). This added to the cost a bit, but hey, somebody's got to keep the economy rolling. :rolleyes:

Robb

Attached Files: