1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to choose

Discussion in 'Subaru Sambar' started by MRCapps, Jan 12, 2016.

1. MRCapps

MRCapps New Member

I am looking to trade my fourwheeler for a mini truck. I found a Sambar that the owner wants to trade with me. I raise bison and need something other that a four wheeler to feed/check on animals. My land is fairly steep in some areas. Im concerned with the rear motor mount when climbing up hill. Any experience? Also, is there anything in particular that i should look at when I go to look at it? Any known issues? It has 80,000 km on it. Thanks!

2. MRCapps

MRCapps New Member

Does anyone have any advice?

3. woodhe1

woodhe1 Member

Sambar ... biggest cab.
    Suzuki/Daihatsu ... best parts availability/easiest to work on/English manuals available ... imho

4. Mylanman

Mylanman New Member

steep inclines scare me in my sambar... but I have the van so it is very top heavy.

5. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

My friend has a Sambar. He is able to go up anything he wants here in the rockies. Of coarse he did put on 175/70 R13 tires and lift. The 12 " tires these units come with are silly. No problem to add these size tires even with out lift. also giving about 1 1/2 " more ground clearance. With hilly hills you might want to add 2" lift with your larger tire. Giving you 8" ground clearance. there is lots of info regarding the Sambar lift.
    Tony

6. MRCapps

MRCapps New Member

Thanks for the info guys! Anything in particular i should look at when i go to see it?