1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rims and Tyres

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by MR.Scott, Nov 6, 2015.

1. MR.Scott

MR.Scott New Member

Hi!

New to the forum, glad to be apart of it!!

I've just bought myself an Acty Van, it's a 1990 Model HH3.
    It's got crappy aftermarket rims on it, I'm going to lower it, and I want to change the rims too.
    I see TE37/Enkei/SSR etc are all available, BUT I have NO idea what I'm looking for.

Please what are the factory specs, and what sort of offset are you running?

2. shogun

shogun Active Member

3. MR.Scott

MR.Scott New Member

Great, thanks, the offset is the key I was looking for.
    I think I'll go to a 13 or 14, but no bigger, what sort of width is good? 4/5/6"?

What are the differences between the V and M etc infront of the HH3 etc chassis code?

Cheers!!!
    Scott.

4. shogun

shogun Active Member

As for larger/wider wheels I have no idea.
    V+M: wiki does not tell us much about this:
    the first generation was produced from 1977 to 1988 (model series TA,TB,TC,VD,VH), the second generation's years were 1988-1999 (model series HA1, HA2, HH1, HH2 with the E05A engine; HA3, HA4, HA5, HH3, HH4 with the EN07A engine - the Street continued in production until 2011) and the third generation's years were 1999-2009 (model series HA6, HA7, HH5, HH6 with E07Z engine) with the van still in production. The fourth generation was introduced, as a truck only, at the 41st Tokyo Motor Show in 2009 on December 17, showing the HA8 series and continuing to use the E07Z engine.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Acty

Maybe one of the experts here can chime in.

5. DaddyS

DaddyS New Member