1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

largest tires possible?

Discussion in 'Honda Acty' started by Terry270, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Terry270

Terry270 New Member

Would like to get decent atv tires on my 99 Acty and was wondering what is the biggest I can go without rubbing? Some rubbing in the front while turning I can live with.

Also I wouldn't be opposed to a lift but I know from past experience that can sometimes cause issues that I'd like to avoid such as axles joints being under strain at sharp angles etc. Is this the case with the Acty?

2. Terry270

Terry270 New Member

Search on this forum either doesn't work well or go back far enough.

I went back through the pages and found that guys have installed 23x8x12's on stock wheels with no lift with no problems.

Someone correct me if that's not the case.

3. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

Terry if you are going to go through all the trouble of installing new atv tires. Consider getting some new front coils. 225-250 #. And making your rear shackles longer. The problem with larger tires is that, when you cross uneven terrain your tire will change angle. When a larger tire is installed it will rub against chassis and struts. Binding your forward or backward motion .
    For about $125 you can do your lift to put your 23" atv tire on. been there done that......
    Tony

Lea Lani likes this.
  4. Terry270

Terry270 New Member

Thanks for the reply. So there are no problems with lifting the Acty? I would prefer to lift it anyway.

Have a recommendation on a good lift kit?

5. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

yes with the new stiffer coils, you will acheive 2" on front, longer shackels on back to even out. all with out putting your camber out of wack. Check out my posts ----all picture documented.
    Tony

Lea Lani likes this.
  6. Terry270

Terry270 New Member

Will do, thanks! Have a certain vendor you recommend for the coils and shackles?

7. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

speedway for coils and make your own shackles. please look up my post .

8. Terry270

Terry270 New Member

I did but I think the pictures have disappeared over time.

9. Tony Evers

Tony Evers Active Member

if you want I can send some pictures to a email to you
    Tony

Terry270 likes this.